Fly Tying
Eric Brown

Coming back to fly tying while deployed

Hey all,

Sorry for the lack of updates. For some reason I am not aware of, no mail has arrived here for the past 4 days or so. Hopefully we'll get a shipment in soon but we can't really be sure. Ramadan has just ended, and with the celebrations and as the weather gets worse, more and more mail flights will get cancelled. As always, I'll post here as stuff arrives.

On a related note, my commander visited our main base, Camp Stone (200+ km away) recently and passed along the info that I was going to be receiving some fly tying materials. That apparently sparked a flurry of activity on the main base and there is now talk of fly tying clubs and fishing trips. Since I am not there I will work to find out who is planning running everything up there and maybe get them onto the board here. My plan will be to take what we need to satisfy the interest here that I have drummed up over the past few weeks and then pass along the excess to Camp Stone. As I said before, once we have things established and have a feel for how many people will be involved here and at the main camp, we can redirect some care packages to Camp Stone. If they arrive here and we really are over stocked on stuff I'll send the stuff up north on the next log pack.

Alright, once again I can't say thank you enough. Such a tangible show of support is quite amazing and I find myself coming back to the board just to re-read messages; kind of like a recharge. Thanks again everyone.

Tight Lines

Eric

Alright, the mail is getting through again. I would expect another big shipment tomorrow but today we got some stuff in; Grunt your package arrived today. Thanks again everyone.

Eric

All,

I just Wanted to say thanks again. Stuff has been arriving sporadically (thanks to the Army mail system) but its been keeping me plenty busy. I have been talking to some people up north and have them laying the ground work for a club up there.

Thank you all; with your gifts we're going to be able to start two clubs here and will most likely get the chance to teach some new people some tying and maybe get them fishing. AWESOME!!

Thank for your support and generosity, it really makes all of this just that much easier to do.

Alright, It's almost midnight, I'm off to bed. Take Care all, talk to you soon...

Eric

Good to hear there are some new clubs opening!

PM me your BTLN or Company adress and I will write you.I know every soldier,marine,airman,sailor,coastgraurdsman LOVES to get mail!

Eric, you still out there? Send us a sitrep on what you are doing. Got any images of the flys you have been making?

Semper Fi, Grunt

Hey all,

Still Here... We had a small resurgence on Taliban activity here in the west and I have been out on a operation for a while. Got back yesterday and am just decompressing right now. Thanks again for everything you all have sent. I'll try and get some pictures up at some point of some the flies I have tied. Mostly I have been working on technique and such. I haven't been really happy with my flies so far but I am slowly working on the techniques and I have seen some improvement so... Anyway, Thanks again for everything. I am going to post another topic with my address as there have been some requests for me to do so. Alright hopefully when things settle down here I can start tying again...

Tight Lines All

Eric