Fly Tying
JayMorr

Let's see your Autumn Shotz!

With the fall almost over and Winter around the corner, I was hoping to see a few of your Autumn shots. Post em if you got em'!

Here is one I had some fun with. I took it over the weekend. It is called Autumn Blaze. I hope you like it:

IPB Image

JayMorr

Thanks Jay , there was no filter used it was just the slight rippling of the water..

went fishing for bluegills this morning and this was in the area. and its not even peak colors in southeastern connecticut

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Great pix guys! A veritable feast of color. October's always been my favorite month, for the quality of the light along with the colors.

Hey Flytire - where do you live up there? We just bought a house in Ledyard - can't wait to get settled and out on the water.

Here are a couple of shots from the Cumberland Gap area of Tennessee from last Autumn. I took these while we were hauling ass down the interstate.

IPB Image

IPB Image

Peak colors don't last long here in the Northeast either Jay - couple of weeks and they're gone. Get a good windy day and they're gone sooner than that.

Get a good windy day and they're gone sooner than that.

One of the most amazing things I've ever seen was once while traveling through West Virginia on US 60 during the height of the Autumnal colors in the mountains. An October cold front came blowing through suddenly and the next thing I know we are completely engulfed in a leaf drift with an unbelievable density. It was like a solid wall of gold, red and orange had collapsed on our car. In retrospect my only regret was that I didn't have a camera ready when it happened.

Great pix guys! A veritable feast of color. October's always been my favorite month, for the quality of the light along with the colors.

Hey Flytire - where do you live up there? We just bought a house in Ledyard - can't wait to get settled and out on the water.

I live a few miles away in Jewett City. I fish all of the local ponds in the area.

Speaking of leaf blizzards, there's a cold front blowing in right now, and it looks like a colorful snowstorm out there. Not quite as dense as the one Sid described, but still pretty. Gonna be some bare trees before the day is out. Might be a good time to go looking for shots tomorrow - there are always a number of trees that keep their leaves after the wind dies down and they really stand out against the drab background.

Hey Flytire, you're right up the road. If you want to try your luck with some river stripers in the spring, give me a shout. I'm from the Westerly RI area and I know a few good spots over that way.