Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
day5

Mason recap

Redwings! Doh! i should have known that. Although I've never met any of you guys....I knew redwings was Mike. Now, I just can't remember Ridderbos....John? Joe? Jacob? Fred? Milton? Harry? Lawrence? Steve? Justin? Justina? Dorothy? Matilda?

:dunno:

It was a blast this year. Really a lot of fun to see everybody and meet a few new people from the site :headbang: I was so busy I did not really get a chance to get up and see hardly anything or really take many pictures, but did get one of the winged wet display I was using ;)

IPB Image

Nice display Redwings. any chance we can get a close up, and see how they are attached? I might have to tie something like that someday!

They actually are not attached. It is a hinged box with a felt interior...the flies just lay on top so they are easy for me to change out as wanted. I usually just set them up the night before a show and leave it flat in my car en route then just adjust them from car vibrations. I drove four hours to get to Mason and had them back in place in less than two minutes once I got there ;)

One of those people watching Mike tie sure is a handsome devil... cool.gif

That would be the handsome devil in the black shirt with the yellow M on it! :yahoo:

Thanks day5 for the flies. Sorry, the only shrine those are going in is the LSC shrine looking for bass. :punk:

I was bummed to miss faster fish there, but I did get to meet RRSS,PK and Two hearted. Got to watch steelie, redwing, ridderbos, bruce Derrington, and day5 do some tying. And got to talk with wicked and nomad. A really good day!

BFR

Dude I think I stood right next to watching a tie. I had my 7 year old son with me. I know I saw the shirt. But I never saw the hat. Sometimes I can be rather blind. Either that or I was distracted by my son. He was more interested in the vendors that the tieing. He had a $20 dollar bill that was burning a hole in his pocket.

Well, I enjoyed the show. Drove up from Fort Wayne, Indiana. Learned a few new techniques, particularly for tying bass poppers. Seems a lot of people were stacking and spinning deer hair. Unfortunately, I wasn't sure who was from this forum.

I did find someone who wants to pontoon float in MI this year. A real plus for me as i don't have a lot of fishing partners and want to spend more time in MI this year. Sadly enough, only got up there once this year.

well just got back from flint had to work last night had a blast at mason glad to meet you all bruce I didn't get to see you tie this year my loss on that mr. Day5 you got another admirer my daughter told me you are her 2nd favorite hero ridderbos thanks for the autograph page 28 lmao chris helms thank you for yours also I am a big fan tim see you when ice out chrome chasing got to get you off that clinton river steelie words are at a lost thanks for the tips and the fly I am going out to buy them beads this week I see some big steelhead on them for sure wicked thanks for the tips on them browns my wife said we going next season :headbang: and a special thank you to the guy who taught my daughter her first pattern she is ready for more guess for christmas I am going to get her a vise and some materials for buggers I didn't get many pics but I did get a few will post them when I get my film developed :yahoo: :yahoo:

Thanks day5 for the flies. Sorry, the only shrine those are going in is the LSC shrine looking for bass

Heck yea feed em to the fish!

Paul Im happy to inspire any child in to tying. I just hope they seek the tutelage of a qualified tyer like ...oh any one but me at some point in there lives!!! B)

Dude I think I stood right next to watching a tie. I had my 7 year old son with me. I know I saw the shirt. But I never saw the hat. Sometimes I can be rather blind. Either that or I was distracted by my son. He was more interested in the vendors that the tieing. He had a $20 dollar bill that was burning a hole in his pocket.

Did you make it around to our tables????

WOW, what a great time everyone had..........."Show Time!" ALWAYS a BALL! Good that everyone got home safley as well. Mike i am so glad you come that prepared. You'll be a HIT at the CJ'08. Can't wait to meet you and swap flies. ;) Beautiful display you have there. Just great. mark..... B)