Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
3FL2

2008 Fly Fishing Expo

Is anyone going to the Fly fishing Expo in sommerset NJ? Jan 25-27th

Looks like a good show. Has anyone gone in the previous years?

I went last year - awesome show. Unfortunately I didnt have time to sit through any of the seminars or presentations.

I am hoping to get there again this year if i can find a few folks to split gas money with.

I am planing on going. I was there years ago. I assume it is still a good show.

I am from NJ and happen to go every year except in 2005/2006(Germany) (US ARMY).Nice show, you can spend a mint on stuff.Vendors do have a habit of coming up to you the first thing you get in the door trying to sell you magazine subscriptions.Last year i spent $60.00 worth of subscriptions the first 10 minutes into the show!

I think I've made every show. The last three years the salt water FF club I belong to has had a table at the show out in the lobby, so I've tying at the table. This year we're doing something a bit different.

We're doing "Flies for the Cure" to raise money for the Susan G Komen and Leukemia Foundations. The club members have tied up flies and we're hoping to be sitting there tying a lot of replacement flies. I'll be there most of the day Saturday. Stop by and say Hi and before you blow all that money on subscriptions and tying materials. Make a donation, and pick up a fly.

:) I'll be going as long as the weather co operates....been going for the past 8 yrs....last year there were a few of my favorite sellers missing...others noticed too, but it is still a nice show. Theres also one up in Mass. this weekend...although they both have some of the same vendors, there are different lodges/guides to fit the area. So I go to both.......must be that 'moth ball' smell....just can't get enough.

Posted by conehead on TFF

BUMP BUMP

Joe (Cortalus) and I are going up on Saturday with a few other guys. Would all you forum members like to get together for a photo opportinity? I'll bring a camera. It would be nice to put faces to names.

If so, How about we all meet at the bookstore area at a certain time. After looking at the schedule, we could meet at the bookstore area at 9:30 am and not want to miss out a a good seminar. Seminars start at 10:00. Any other time of the day would cut into a seminar, but I'm game.

I'm easy to spot, I will be wearing my FTF t-shirt and my wife says I resemble Brad Pitt (if he were old, fat, short and bald).

Conehead

AKA George

If you need my cell, just PM me

I won't be able to make it(wish I was) but Nick Pujic will be there manning the Canadian Fly Fisher booth. Stop by and harass him a bit.