Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Pelhament

Yet Another Winter's Hope

Killer pattern.....GREAT tye. mark..... B) btw, you left the Polar Bear (?) outta the recipe :D

Beautiful Winter's Hope!!!!!

The pattern does not call for Polar Bear.

Thanks guys! I really appreciate the compliments.

Ronn- I have never read a recipe that called for Polar Bear either, thanks for the kind words that means a lot coming from a tier of your caliber..

Ah HA! NOW I C it. It's calf tail, not PB. My mistake.....sorry bout that. I like it a LOT! I just took it for PB because it looks so shinny, and i didn't see the PB i was looking for in the recipe and didn't notice the Calf Tail. What a space case. :D Like i said, my mistake. It looks great in there though. :headbang: That's either some darn long Kip Tail (CT) or a pretty small size hook? GREAT dye job.....or is that just the pic lighting? :P SO shinny! mark..... :)

Beautiful Winter's Hope!!!!!

The pattern does not call for Polar Bear.

Thanks guys! I really appreciate the compliments.

Ronn- I have never read a recipe that called for Polar Bear either, thanks for the kind words that means a lot coming from a tier of your caliber..

hi Mark

Very nice fly this Winters Hope

A question to the pattern concerning the wing build up.

Do you start with the feathers and then tie in the calf tail as a kind of topping ?

Jens

Exactly, you tie in the feathers, I prefer to tie all 4 at once by placing the stems through the eye of the hook, get them lined up then secure them with the thread. Then I place the calf tail over that trying to line up the curvature of the hair with that of the feathers and secure it down. They feathers and the calf tail should split cleanly through the collar.

Thanks for the kind words!

Chris