Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
overbrook

Patriotic 4th of July swap....

Guest Big E

I just got my material from FeatherCraft yesterday....its only been a month and took three emails and two phone calls...guess that's good for them. :rolleyes:

After the first fiasco with them I had to rethink putting in another order with them but J Stockards didn't carry seal dubbing...never again...I'm done ordering from them.

I'll have mine tied up hopefully after the weekend.

Madkasel, RRSS I'll keep my eyes open.....BigE ...no worries....It'll be a week to 10 days before I get back home anyway.....I'm not real harsh on the cut-off time :blink:

Madkasel .... your flies were received yesterday :yahoo: Mine are also done....I was gonna do some deerhair poppers...but since I was running behind....and RRSS said he was doing something of spun deerhair...I just went with soft foam covered with epoxy........Once all the flies are received and sent back out....I'll post pics of the collection :D :headbang:

I honestly don't know.....My wife is assistant swapmeister as I'm out on the road.....all I ever get from her is a OH! those are pretty.....LOL I'm sure they're fine ;)

O.K. Fellas ....unfortunately BigE has selected to drop out.....but thankfully he let me know while I happened to be home for the weekend.....So I just got done wrapping these up....and they will be sent back out to you all in the morning mail :yahoo: :headbang:

Here they are......

Overbrook....

IPB Image

Grunt.....

IPB Image

Riffleriversteelheadslayer....

IPB Image

Netabrookie......

IPB Image

WayneB.....

IPB Image

DavidM......

IPB Image

FredH.....

IPB Image

Floyd.....

IPB Image

Joeking....

IPB Image

Deserttrout.....

IPB Image

Winefly......

IPB Image

Madkasel......

IPB Image

The good news is there are some really awesome flies in here.....the bad news is that my photography skills did'nt do them all that much justice! I'd like to thank you all for participating.....and thanks so much to all of you for the extra's ...they were very much appreciated! With BigE out...I did send everyone back one of thier own. I hope you all had as much fun tying for this as I did....and that you all enjoy them as much as I will !! :thumbup: Till next time ! :cheers:

Guest Big E

Sorry about that everyone. For some reason I thought the due date was 4 July and couldn't understand why everyone was so early and I was the last one. I looked last night to see how many flies I had to tie and reread the verbage and seen that the due date was 15 Jun. DOH.

Anyways, I am sorry I didn't get my stuff in but if you want an Uncle Sam Cat Whisker, send me a PM with your address and I will send it out to you.

:(

Sorry about that everyone. For some reason I thought the due date was 4 July and couldn't understand why everyone was so early and I was the last one. I looked last night to see how many flies I had to tie and reread the verbage and seen that the due date was 15 Jun. DOH.

Anyways, I am sorry I didn't get my stuff in but if you want an Uncle Sam Cat Whisker, send me a PM with your address and I will send it out to you.

:(

BigE ...No problem here....things happen....and I'm really bad about letting things sneak up on me...... I just appreciate you writing as soon as you realized.....I've seen a lot of guys hold a swap up and never even have the courtesy to let the SM know whts going on. Hopefully I'll swap with ya soon! :D

I received the flies today. Great bunch of flies. Good job everyone.

Good job Tom. Thanks for hosting. :yahoo:

Hi All;

Recieved flies today, great job everyone!

Oh, by the way my tie actually does a great job on bass! Caught several and missed a lot more Wednesday evening.

Thanks Overbrook for hosting!

Wayneb

WayneB....I got a buddy who has been doing a good bit of smallmouth fishing with gurglers...and he swears they are the bomb! :) .....I've never tied one or fished one....so I was glad to see one in the swap....I'm anxious to try it out! :D