Fly Tying
iso18

USES FOR WHITE DEER BELLY HAIR??????????

my hide is about ready and was wondering what you could use deer belly hair for?

Streamers? :unsure:

Deer belly is usually a bit courser hair than the back hair. The white portion is good for dyeing different colors. It's primarily used for spinning, such as on deer hair bass bugs. It can be also be used for the heads on Muddler minnows, Dahlberg divers or any other fly that uses spun deer hair in the recipe. Irresistible dry flies come to mind or Letort Hoppers or Crickets. There are numerous flies that require deer belly hair.

spin baby spin! put a spun head a wolly bugger, muddlers, popers,bombers etc.etc....

the white part,for hoppers????????????? :unsure:

spin baby spin! put a spun head a wolly bugger, muddlers, popers,bombers etc.etc....

sure like tidewaterfly says the belly hair takes dye well and being white less brown under tones in the new color you are dyeing but I dont know much on dyeing and I said nothing about hoppers but it makes sense hoppers can be fished as an attractor and in the faster rougher water it'll be easier to see like an indicator on a hopper dropper rig!

sure like tidewaterfly says the belly hair takes dye well and being white less brown under tones in the new color you are dyeing but I dont know much on dyeing and I said nothing about hoppers but it makes sense hoppers can be fished as an attractor and in the faster rougher water it'll be easier to see like an indicator on a hopper dropper rig!

muddler,i usually use the same hair for muddlers as i do for hoppers and i too have never dyed hair b4

shane

muddler,i usually use the same hair for muddlers as i do for hoppers and i too have never dyed hair b4

shane

well just start spinning dude and let the creativity flow!

The brightly colored patches of deer hair you see at the fly shop are deer belly fur. As mentioned above, it works great for spinning and stacking deerhair bass bugs, and I often use it to spin/stack Tap's Bugs and Dahlberg Divers when I want colors that are brighter than you find on deer body hair.

-- Mike

I use it for the belly side of my top water frogs, poppers and Dalbergs , also Muddler minnow heads. Also a few night time spun hair creations with a little glow in the dark material added. I have dyed some with decent results, but it is messy and hard to get really vibrant colors.

Cheers, Futzer