Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
DHise

Fishable Realistic

Wow those are awesome ,Dave. I only call mine fishable realistics if I can lose one in a tree and don't shed a tear.

I think if I lost one of those I'd be ballin like a six year old with a skinned knee. Great job.

Fred

Excellent Flys!

What good is a fly if you cant fish it Fred. :lol:

I was talking about realistics and fishable realistics. I tie two types of beetles that would be an example of each realistic and fishable. One takes 30 mins to tie and is very durable. I fish with those. The other takes 3 hours to tie and usually go on someones wall. So if I were to hang one of the ones that took three hours in the top of a tree..........

Hi DHise,

I have no doubt that they are fishable, nor that they are realistic, and nor that they are just ready do be hanged on a wall.

AndrésT.

Thanks gents.

They do work as a green drake imitation Mike. I just use soft hackle for the legs.

Fred, I always bring my tree climbing gear fishing with me :bait

Good Day,

Hey old pal! Looking good! Am I seeing feathers for the tails? Do you sell any of these in the shop? Keep it up Dave!

Steelie

Good Day,

Hey old pal! Looking good! Am I seeing feathers for the tails? Do you sell any of these in the shop? Keep it up Dave!

Steelie

Thanks, C. Good old ostrich. I dont have that color in the shop. Those were a gift :ph34r:

Good Day,

Dave, cool! You know... I kind of think that ostrich is one of the most under utilized materials out there. You can really do so much with it, yet few do, wonder why... hmmm.

Steelie

Dave, sorry but I don't know how I missed this thread. They are stunner's & look as if they will take fish anywhere - even in a dried out pond!

Is there any chance of a recipe sometime ?