Fly Tying
Claudia

Flies from the vice.

Hi I am jim

great to see another girl on this site interested in tying flies keep tying and posting you will learn loads from the people here their fantastic and always willing to help

most of all have fun tying flies thats what it is about :)

CheyAnne,

Very nice steelhead fly indeed :rolleyes:

My 12 year old daughter, Faiza, also has taken to tying. While I try to impart techniques, she is still free from the shackles of convention and it is always interesting to see what she comes up with. Here are two of her flies. The first one I named after she handed it to me - it simply cried out what its name was. I simply spoke out the words :bugeyes:

greenwell_hangover.jpg

Greenwell Hangover

The second fly came about as we were tying together at a small show in Belgium. I was tying some WeePa's, and she asked me for one of the small hooks (Tiemco 2488 size 30), and two sections of Pearsall's Gossamer to weave the body. I guess noone told her this was a bit small hook to do weaving on :rolleyes:

wee_weaver.jpg

Wee Weaver

Cheers,

Hans W

Thanks Jim the forum will teach me a lot along with my dad.

thank you Hans your daughter ties some cool looking flys.Can you tell her great job for me?

dixie_chick.jpg

Dixie Chick

Hook: Partridge SLD #16

Thread: Benecchi 12/0, olive

Hackle: Whiting hen, badger, dyed light yellow

Rib: Fine copper wire

Tail: Three pintail barbs, dyed olive

Abdomen: Heron, bleached, single barb

Thorax: Pintail barbs, dyed olive, butts of tailing material

Cheers,

Hans W

Hi my name is CheyAnne Maley, E. Oregon Midge, Rocky's daughter. I started tying about 9 months ago. My dad is having me tie a hairwing stealhead fly for the contest so I can enter the rookie tier thing. This fly is an example of my work, but this isn't the fly I'm entering.

CheyAnne Maley

Hi CheyAnne Maley.

First of all i need to say you made that hook very proud. You have great tying skills and made a fine job on youre posted flie. Second i want to welcome you to This page. its realy a treat seeing a girl entering this magic world of flytying. Hope to see much more of youre work, so please keep posting.

All the best wishes to You and Youre near.

Claudia

Thank you Claudia it truly doesn't look that nice. My dad tells me you are a great fly tier. Thank you Brian I'm sure yours will look better than mine.

CheyAnne Maley

CheyAnne.

I just lookt at youre flie again and i love the pink but to the kingfisher blue flossbody. very pretty.

you will go far in the contest. thanks but, Your dad helpt me alot with some of my laters flies , and i ow all the credit to him for doing so great on the last ones :) remember to post some more of youre flies, its a plesure to see youre work.

C

Here are a couple of flies that I'm working on for the Creative Fly Swap. Not sure if these are going to be the finished product or not. Just playing around.

:dunno:

post-1533-1230562318_thumb.jpg

post-1533-1230562352_thumb.jpg

Every time i come in to this page, there is a new treat waiting to be seen. Sweet tying all of you :thumbup: .

Floyd, i like the red dotts inbeetween the foam on the backbody , is it silly legs?

Regards C

Hi Claudia

The tail is made of two pieces of foam tied on a needle. I put rubber legs between the two pieces of foam using a thing called a ‘Thread Puller'. I bought it at Wal Mart but you can buy it at most fabric shops. Works great.

post-1533-1230569425_thumb.jpg

Hi Claudia

The tail is made of two pieces of foam tied on a needle. I put rubber legs between the two pieces of foam using a thing called a ‘Thread Puller'. I bought it at Wal Mart but you can buy it at most fabric shops. Works great.

Sweet trick, Floyd i like it a lot! thanks for sharing :)

C