Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Futzer

In case you are missing a little white in your Christmas or Holiday fe

I think Bing Crosby had this in his mind, not sure, but Utah does have the ligthest fluffiest snow on the planet.

Cheers, to you and yours, Jeff aka Futzer.

Last image, my front steps may just be hibernating until spring.

post-16961-1230157013_thumb.jpg

post-16961-1230157032_thumb.jpg

post-16961-1230157047_thumb.jpg

LOL It's like 55 degrees here! I guess I will be giving the new reel a test drive in the morning while the rest of you are freezing your butts off! I love the south. :headbang:

On the other hand, we have not had a white Christmas in my life time. Probably more like my dad's life time. :wallbash:

Beautiful country. A mountain in your backyard, Im envious. The snow is why my wife refuses to agree to my plan to move to a Western trout water state. At least I can fish holdovers all winter.

That's a beautiful place. I'm jealous. We had snow but it's all black from the roads. How many feet are on the ground now?

Merry Christmas

Jeremy

whats all that white stuff? it's 78 here in south louisiana

Jeff, can you put some of that in a ziplock and mail to me, ?

Bud

Yes sir Bud, I will gladly send you all the white stuff you want in trade for one of your "carp flies" :rolleyes: Jeff

Beautiful country. A mountain in your backyard, Im envious. The snow is why my wife refuses to agree to my plan to move to a Western trout water state. At least I can fish holdovers all winter.

Hi Ridleyffo, We call those hills around here, :-) My driveway is at 6800 feet though. About 15 minutes away is Park City Mountain resort, Deer Valley, ane the Canyons, all top out around 9,500 feet. And if you moved to Salt Lake city or Boise, Idaho, you would really only have a little snow to contend with each season. Right now there is about 2 feet on my yard, but by the end of Feb. It will be around 5 feet, and the front steps will be in full hybernation. I went to school in Phoenix AZ, and drove my moving van to graduation. I couldn't get back to 4 seasons and snow fast enough.

Happy Christmas. Jeff aka Futzer.

Some thought there was a possibility of a white Christmas (coldest winter in years, darn global warming lol). As of 3pm on Christmas it's low 70s. :rolleyes:

Some thought there was a possibility of a white Christmas (coldest winter in years, darn global warming lol). As of 3pm on Christmas it's low 70s. :rolleyes:

I know the bugs were bursting yesterday here too. It was in mid 40s yesterday but I couldnt get out on the water. Today the same and overcast, but have to slave at work. Tomorrow, Intermittant showers and mid 50s, a veritable heat wave. 10am should see the fish start feeding. How can you beat the leisurely wake up call followed by a few hours on the stream?

Thanks for the welcome Jeff, I have really noticed your beautiful flys already. Some real standout work