Fly Tying

Monta vacation photos(July-August 2008)

Figured I'ld share some of my snapshots from my Late July to early August vaction to Montana this year(Additional pics can be viewed at my flickr gallery in my sig):

I took this one as a storm was rolling in above Mystic Lake in the Beartooth Mountains:

2743778722_b649ed384e.jpg

Here we have one of the hot pools at Yellowstone's West Thumb Geyser Basin:

2764489179_dc0735570d.jpg

Next up, I came upon this old barn in the Centennial Valley as the sun was setting. Loving scenery seen at the expense of slicing open one of our wheels on a rock along the way :(

2740369937_9593ca57a4.jpg

Next we have Many-Glacier Hotel at Glacier National Park:

2746421410_9d20715eb5.jpg

And finally Avalanche Creek at Glacier NP:

2740369949_8f757d7a5c.jpg

Great photos. I love the sky in the first one and always love the old barns. All good photos and sure beats looking at all the snow I have seen today :) Keep the photos coming.

Whoa! Those look like HDR photos... is that how you enhanced them? Those colors are unreal! As a large resolution file, those would make wonderful desktop wallpapers.

Great shots!!. There is alot to take from the "barnrise" photo and I'm sure everyone can find something different but it was especially moving to me, coming off of a hard year. Plenty of hope in that picture.....

Stole it as my background image as soon as I had seen it. (finally replaced my Phillies win post final pitch image. :headbang: ) Wish I knew how to change resolution as Dart suggested.

Whoa! Those look like HDR photos... is that how you enhanced them? Those colors are unreal! As a large resolution file, those would make wonderful desktop wallpapers.

Those are most definitely HDR'd. I love that look on these types of photos.

Those are most definitely HDR'd. I love that look on these types of photos.

Yep, they're HDRs from 5 bracketed shots. I had a pocket-sized 40 gb hard-drive with me, so storage space really wasn't a deterrent ;).

As for large resolution files, the full-sized jpgs are hosted on my flickr account in my sig.

Lookin' good Steven. Thanks for the link to the photos. The Storehouse of Hope is my new desktop. :D