Fly Tying
Steeldrifter

Helping out Verterans

Steve,

I am in for some flies as well! It looks like an awesome program. Send me the info and when you need the flies.

Thanks for taking the time to look for volunteers to help this worthy cause!!!!

Chris

Greetings FTF!

This is Dan Cook with Rivers of Recovery (ROR). Your generous outpouring of support and donations is inspiring and humbling. I just wish that each of you could see the faces of these veterans light up when they have a fish on! Thank you very much for your contribution to making this happen.

As I mentioned to the crew on RBF, if you have interest in volunteering on any of the program weekends, we would welcome your participation. "Volunteering" in this case is really nothing more than hanging out and fishing with veterans who are either physically or psychologically disabled. The disabilities may be varying; amputations, PTSD and traumatic brain injury, but without exception they are incredible guys and gals. All you'd need to do is pay for your ticket to Salt Lake City, Utah. ROR would provide the rest: ground transportation, lodging, meals, guiding (although I might be your guide :( ).

The program will be run every Monday-Thursday (fishing Tuesday & Wednesday) from July 1 till September 30. The mid-week schedule is bad for vacation time, but great for avoiding the weekend crowds. If you have interest, please send me an e-mail at: [email protected].

If you are interested in the details of our program, please view the videos (under "Video/Media" page). They give an excellent overview of our program, the staff, guides and participants.

On behalf of the staff and volunteers, thank you immensely for your contributions to our program. Your support allows us to continue to offer disabled veterans and their families a "trip-of-a-lifetime" which has long-term, positive benefits for them.

A special thanks to Steve for organizing this project!

Best regards,

Dan

I will get in it is great to see this my grandpa was a vet from vietnam and he was really messed up.. They wanted to take hes legs and he didnt let them but arround 45 to 50 years later they had to take them off he had a nerve problem were the nerve were rottening and he had exposed nerves in his legs and it started to hurt to put socks on the hair feel out and his feet was cold as ice and he used to say they felt like they were on fire.

But he is in a better place now a i can remenber the fishing trips well not really trips but going to the docks and fishing for crappie he taught me how to walk a minnow i was so good at it i would catch catfish lol i think i was doing it wrong.. but the i think back and he was so happy fishing so i can some what relate to this..

So i will ty as many as i can for this i will try some new patterns and ty what i know too.. It would be a honor to do this for them it is atleast i can do to say thank you for fighting for use and the country..

Chance

Right On!

I am slowly, but surely working on mine.

Brian

I just finished mine!

Watch for them in the mail.

Brian

I am still working off the rust on my tying but would be willing to donate my time when I have it. I am not far from the Green here in Utah.

I hold any Vetrans programs dear to my heart as both my Father and Brother are listed as DV now.

If you could PM me with details on how I could be of help!

Thanks so much for bringing this to our attention

I'm in for sure...I'm just running a Support our troops swap now for a returning friend / Seriviceman who happens to be a fly fishing nut. I'd love to send a handful of flies to support veterans...I'm going to start tying now.