Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Worstcaster

PETA being stupid again.

While I don't agree with everything they do, I believe they are necessary to counter balance the other end of the spectrum that abuses animals severely. Their undercover work is phenomenal in exposing some atrocities committed by organizations. Granted many of their ploys like this one is attention-getting... look at how much conversation it caused in our little community here. This is what makes America great, the ability to do this stuff and not get shot by the army.

All of that being said, I need to really get to tying bench and work on my mouse patterns in size 22. :headbang:

Who's good with photoshop?

I'm waiting for a great picture of someone hauling in a big Tom.

Maybe a series of pictures showing the fight and then the measurement and then the release.

Saltydog......I believe every person here is for being KIND to animals....but do me a favor....watch this entire 15 mins clip and then tell me Peta is "necessary ...language in the vid, but the bad language is warranted but be warned.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9ijLulwUTY

Sorry but Peta Necessary??????? HA!!! no way man, look into their true meaning and how they feel animals are on the same level as humans.

Sure I agree with treating animals ethically, but thats not what Pet@ actually stands for. Do a little research. Peta being "Necessary"...not even close.We dont need a group of crazed 20'something yr old sploiled activist that are nothing but terrorist!

Peta members stand for nothing but lame spoiled kids that have nothing better to do than be terrorist hiding behind animals. Wanna support helping animals then go down to your local shelter and adopt a dog/cat...but never say Peta is "Necessary" <_<

I dont think they realize that in order to maintain a balanced animal population, animals/fish do have to be harvested, otherwise they get overpopulated and will soon wipe out an entire species. I can understand being against people beating/mistreating their pets, my pets are like part of my family. But the creatures that are good to eat if a certain amount of them arent harvested every year we would just be doing more harm than good.

I think most of them just seen that Mom and Dad had fun protesting against something in the 60s and decided it would be fun for them too. Give me a break havent these people ever heard of Cable TV or tying flies for a hobby?

I dont think they realize that in order to maintain a balanced animal population, animals/fish do have to be harvested, otherwise they get overpopulated and will soon wipe out an entire species.

That argument hurts our cause more then it helps. Animals populations self regulate and go in highs and lows based a lots of factors. If humans suddenly stopped killing an animal the entire species or others in it's food chain would not be wiped out, overtime they would strike a balance.

The better and more accurate argument for hunting and fishing is that a species natural population is stong enough to allow us to harvest some for food and various other uses. That should be the single reason for open species and limits.

Joe

I agree with treating domesticated animals humanely. But the thing about killing animals for food..... take an animal such as a wolf. Wolves eat other animals to stay alive. Humans are animals too. It's just nature. PETA has dug themselves a huge hole that they can never get out of. Hardly anyone takes them seriously cause of their confused motives.