Fly Tying
Steeldrifter

talk about BS!

Well first day of doing nothing and i'm already bouncing off the walls wink.gif

First i just want to tell you guys that this is the best group of people i have ever had the pleasure to be a part of. Thanks to everyone for all the support.

Also theres one member who i wont embaress by saying his name but you know who you are....to you i owe my deepest thanks,its great to have someone that can relate to problems i am having and to offer me some advice from experiance smile.gif

So i will take care of the rest of the unemployment stuff on monday now and then i will start the new job hunt. I cant just sit around the house doing nothing i'm not the kinda person that can just do nothing...it will drive me nuts in no time.

Life has just thrown me a curve ball and it's probaly gonna be a bit rough for a bit but like the saying goes you cant keep a good man down for long!

thanks to everyone smile.gif

SD

SD at least ya keeping your spirits up.Keep a positive out look and not long you'll be back working again

Not long after that you will wish you were on vacation cause your so busy.

tt

That really sucks man!

He'll get whats comin to him, if i was u i would have boxing.gif him, but i'm a teenager lol

We'll at least u'll have more time to do some fishing!

Good Luck! cheers.gif

SD, sorry to here about your job situation. I hated to leave MI. back in '93 but I could smell the layoff commin and started lookin for work in the south where my wife's familly is from. I got lucky and have had good payin jobs since. Things always seem to bounce back in the big D, and I'm sure with your skills you'll not only find a good payin job but one you will enjoy going to each day. Sounds like it was time for a change anyway! Once you get hooked up, then you can revisit that Mooning-Smilie.gif-hole and thank him proper like!

A.A.

Sorry to hear about the job - but you sound like someone who will land on both of his feet running. Keep us updated on what happens with your job search.

SD, sorry to hear about the job. I left a company back in June due to a lot of fecal material going on plus the company was in chapter 11. Keep your chin up- this can be a good time to catch up on tying flies. BTW, get on the internet and look up particular states and their department of labor on the site. Tennessee has a site that gives jobs in each county with a description, location, pay, etc. If you are a veteran, it has a place for that. Also, Tennessee's local employment office has a veteran's representative that works with veterans. Also, look up the website for newspapers for an area where you would like to relocate. Chattanooga Times-Free Press has daily updates. Hope this will help! Been there-done that myself. When you land a good job, call your ex-boss and thank him for helping you get something better.

skeet3t yeah bud thats what i spent a good deal of time doing today...i posted my resume on monsterjob.com and all the other sites i could find. It'll work out but thanks for the encouragment fella's.

BTW talked to my fishin bud today and he also is in the same boat unsure.gif so we decided to plan some GOOD salmon trips in the near future......after all both of us loseing jobs right before salmon season must be a sign from god right? wink.gif laugh.gif

Might have some good news already guys. I was online checking out some of the companies that are the competition for the last company that i worked for(theres only 3 in this area) last night just on the "off chance" that maybe one of them might be hiring.

Well i found that one of the biggest competitors to my previous company had an employment oppritunity on there website...so i sent them a resume and let them know that i was the shop manager for one of their rivals for the past 7years.

now not even 24 hours later i just recieved a email back from the vice pres saying that he is very interested in meeting me and disussing how we may be able to help each other grow a bit. So i will be going for an interview on friday!

Way i see it what better revenge to the old boss that screwed me than to put my skills i learned from his company to use against him devil.gif wink.gif

Hopefully this might work out for the best for me banana.gif

SD

Nice job buddy!!!!!!! Now the salmon will be much safer. lol. Tight lines and good tyin!-redneck

Steve,

As someone who interviews job applicants on a regular basis, here are a few tips for your interview:

1. Don't bad mouth your previous employer.

2. Wear a suit.

3. Get haircut and trim your beard (or shave, it'll grow back)

4. Make eye contact and sit up straight. (I sound like you mother, don't I?)

5. Wear you teeth. Toothless Smilie---> laugh.gif

Good luck

Just read about your situation mad.gif

Good luck on Friday!!!!!!If that doesen't work out please get a hold of me, I find out about various opportunities all the time, often I know the people who are doing the hiring. The majority of the companies wouldn't be too far of a commute for you.

jp