Fly Tying
Scott V

Bluegill top water fly swap

post-4914-1245982481_thumb.jpg here is a picture of my little friend. a simple foam body with bass bug legs

I tie them kinda big for big bream and gullable bass, come to think on it probably caught more bass than bream

hope yall like ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,post-4914-1245982426_thumb.jpg

B,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Just got some sweet poppers from Camo Clad Warrior. I am glad someone has the patients to make these flies, because I am way to lazy to create these. Beautiful work, these are the type of poppers that will last you a long time. Everyone should really like these.

Scotty, great idea for a swap. This is gonna turn out to be a beautiful set! Got mine finished (the picture shows 13, but I'm sending 14):

dh_hopper.JPG

You can send me an addy or we can just hook up when we're fishing the same waters ;-)

John

BTW, I forgot to add the recipe. For those who are interested:

Recipe

Hook: #12 TMC 5212

Thread: 6/0 Olive

Under body: 1mm olive foam

Over body: 2mm tan foam (cut with River Road Creations tapered chernobyl body)

Under wing: Pearl krystal flash

Over wing: Bleached elk hair

Thorax: Light olive ice dub

Legs: Black and white medium rubber legs

Scotty, great idea for a swap. This is gonna turn out to be a beautiful set! Got mine finished (the picture shows 13, but I'm sending 14):

dh_hopper.JPG

You can send me an addy or we can just hook up when we're fishing the same waters ;-)

John

I like the hoppers.

I plan on heading to Red Lake this weekend if you are up for a trip, then over to some special brookie beaver ponds that will be stuffed full of brookies willing to eat anything.

Also got Troll Man's stimulators, one of my all time foavorite got oflies for trout. I have never tried them on gills but I will for sure now.

Im about half way there.

Im tying a pattern called a fat head, its like a small dahalberg diver but only for gills.

Im tying them on a 3366 #6 to discourage the little ones.

Ive been fishing thre prototypes(rejects) with some success, big gills and bass.

but the tying room looks like :poop: from all the trimmed deerhair

but the tying room looks like :poop: from all the trimmed deerhair

:hyst::hyst: :hyst: :hyst: :hyst: :hyst: Priceless.

Im about half way there.

Im tying a pattern called a fat head, its like a small dahalberg diver but only for gills.

Im tying them on a 3366 #6 to discourage the little ones.

Ive been fishing thre prototypes(rejects) with some success, big gills and bass.

I am a huge fan of dahlberg's, I tie up some on size 6 and 8 for both bluegill and bass. I look forward to seeing yours.

Got some hoppers from jburge yesterday, these hoppers are superb, very nice flies that should work really well.

Got some hoppers from jburge yesterday, these hoppers are superb, very nice flies that should work really well.

He, he, thanks, Scott. Yeah, did the hopper exchange and we both got to play with some 'bows until dark. Can't ask for much more!

John

The flies are done and i need the address.

Now i need a hazmat team to clean up this mess :help:

addy sent

Happy 4th of July everyone!!!!

Just got some hoppers from Batman, nice clean work, these should definetly catch bass and gills. Thanks for the extras they will be put to good use.