Fly Tying

Yep, a dog will do that to you. I have had multiple fly tying materials disapear....only to appear a day later in peices.

Purty little thing though.

Look even 16th century fly fishers had problems tying the PT Nymphs. found this on the PHilly Museum of Art page

post-18764-1252437096_thumb.jpg

Its called "Puppy with Pheasant feather" by Yi Am

What a beautiful GSD.. how old is he/she now? and what is his or her name...

this is a pic of mine, his name is Fischer.

He loves to sleep under my feet when I tye.. and fetch wood for me when I go fishing...

As a pup on his first or second fishing trip

IMGP0791.jpg

this is him on a high mountain lake trip..

IMGP0055-1.jpg

My first clue was some bits of olive bucktail on the couch. My next clue was my wife yelling at the dog.

It's a good thing puppies and 2 yr old kids are cute, otherwise they'd never survive to adulthood.

You're lucky you didn't just find this, which is all I found of a full bucktail and a couple patches of deer body hair after my wife's mentally-challenged husky got into 'em: :wallbash:

Remnants.jpg

Beautiful pooch. I miss mine; had to put my 16 year old lab down last summer and my 13 year old akita a few weeks ago. I wish I had those problems again. :(

LoL Bud..... had an albino ferret once..... she loved wallets and multi-tools in cases and keys and stuff too. All of it went under our couch as well..... Quick little bugger too.

He loves to sleep under my feet when I tye.. and fetch wood for me when I go fishing...

Hi,

Great looking Fischer. I'm hoping Jake and I go on some high mountain trips as well. he is now 3 months:

3935546551_8172734e7c.jpg

Hi,

Great looking Fischer. I'm hoping Jake and I go on some high mountain trips as well. he is now 3 months:

3935546551_8172734e7c.jpg

WOW great looking fella , give him time and you will have great fishing adventures with him..

Fischer and Thor, my Golden retriever are great fishing buddies and always have my back while fishing..

several years ago I was learning to tie and I came home from a local class where each week we bought materials for and learned to tie a few flies. I transported my stuff back and forth in a plastic tool box. When I got home each night my black lab usually just greeted me normally. Then I arrived with a Golden Pheasant carcass. You should have seen the reaction! I never saw his eyes so wide open or him pay so much attention to anything. He was just a house dog, never hunted but I guess that stuff's in the genes.

several years ago I was learning to tie and I came home from a local class where each week we bought materials for and learned to tie a few flies. I transported my stuff back and forth in a plastic tool box. When I got home each night my black lab usually just greeted me normally. Then I arrived with a Golden Pheasant carcass. You should have seen the reaction! I never saw his eyes so wide open or him pay so much attention to anything. He was just a house dog, never hunted but I guess that stuff's in the genes.

Agreed My wife's Golden retriever Thor, is that way I took him hunting and he gets Birdy the first time we pass a clump of tall grass and yep out comes a Cock Pheasant.. Good stuff, I still have not knocked one down yet ahhaa