Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
TimRussell

My First Truck.

Guys here are some pics of my wheels. Enjoy. tongue.gif Its a 90 Model Isuzu with Regular Cab, Short Bed, Stick Shift, 4x4, and all the good stuff. We are gunna get a camper shell put on it soon and MAYBE a Rod Rack for when I go to the beach. Its good on gas so that makes it better. wink.gif Anyways just thought Id post this up. Takem Easy.-Tim smile.gif

http://www.f150online.com/galleries/albumview.cfm?num=6113 Go all the way to the bottom and there she be.

I remember my first car when I was 17, back in 1985. I bought my dad's 1977 Cutlass for $300.00, It was in decent shape, except for some rust around the wheel wells and doors. I was responsible for insurance and maintenance as I used it to get to work and school. For years my old man babied that car, but I knew under the hood was a 350 rocket waiting to be unleashed. That car had some balls and I remember cruising with my friends on Fridays.

I was a classic car show last week as my neighbor has a 57 T-bird. My wife and I walked around the rows of car and there I noticed a white 77 Cutlass. I told the owner of the car, that I had the exact same car 19 years ago. I think it's great that people restore these old cars as it often brings back fond memories for a lot of people.

My first car was a 1963 Ford Fairlane 500 what a piece of shit.gif

I unloaded it and bought a 65 Olds Jetstar 88 that car was great at least thats how I remember it. dunno.gif

OSD

Long as were talkin about first cars....

My first car was a 66 GTO and let me tell you, a seventeen year old kid and a 66 GTO does not make for a good combination.....got on a first name bases with the local law enforcment back then nono.gif whistling1.gif

SD

got on a first name bases with the local law enforcment back then 

What do you mean "back then"? laugh.gif

Thats a nice 1st car.. i had a mazda sumthin blink.gif staled in the rain and the floor fell through before i took er on the road.. ive_been_ripped.gif

QUOTE (Pujic @ Aug 19 2004, 10:08 AM)
got on a first name bases with the local law enforcment back then 

What do you mean "back then"? laugh.gif

I say that because my 69 GTO is not on the road yet ....but i'm sure it will be just like old times whistling1.gif wink.gif

My frist car was a 1970 Dodge Charger R/T. Got it in 1979 and I still have it today.

SD back then I also knew the frist names of all the local police. biggrin.gif

'82 Chevy Caprice Wagon. Her name was Betsy and she could outrun almost anybody! Made of steel and could haul a mountain. Man, I like my present car, but I miss Betsy.

My first vehicle was a 1967 Chevy Impala 4-door with a 283, automatic, power steering and regular brakes. Stalled every single time you turned left. And that was the year in GM's infinite wisdom that they made it so the engine wouldn't start in neutral for automatics. Had the wonderful choice of putting the car in park or coating across the intersection with no power. Needless to say, I made a very large amount of right turns...

Mark Delaney

my first car was a 1970 GTO (got it in 1996).... worked most the free time i had to pay for the tires and the gas, but many was it fun.

steve

My first car was a 64' Impala SS. Baby had some "umph". LOL. But, after I bought it (always had a love for Chevy muscle cars) I realized I had a hard time fishing with her. So got a 75' Chevy blazer 4x4 and a driftboat (was 17 by then). Since I bought the Blazer, don't think I ever bought another car (ended up selling the Impala when it was almost done being restored, thanks to my ex).

Thats what I'm lookin into.. a blazer or a small pickup.. warm in the winter and easy to load in the summer.. headbang.gif