Fly Tying
flygirl

Vladi Worm

O.K......I've been tying up some of these & I'm thinking there must be a trick when wrapping the 'Latex'? body.....I am using the right materials but I'm doing something wrong because I can't seem to get a spiral on the body...even when I twist it & wrap.....damn stuff is all over the place......any suggestions ?........hold the wise cracks , now.

O.K......I've been tying up some of these & I'm thinking there must be a trick when wrapping the 'Latex'? body.....I am using the right materials but I'm doing something wrong because I can't seem to get a spiral on the body...even when I twist it & wrap.....damn stuff is all over the place......any suggestions ?........hold the wise cracks , now.

Any chance of posting a pic?

on similar patterns I tie with latex strip bodies, I get a tapered, segmented body by decreasing the tension or stretch of the material as I wrap it forward from the tail. Also make sure you have a smooth underbody before wrapping the latex. You can build it up even and smooth with layers of thread wraps or with floss. I don't think you want to twist the latex as you wrap it.

Thanks for the input.....the video did it in a less complicated way than the step by step I was using.

Thanks for the input.....the video did it in a less complicated way than the step by step I was using.

Hope it works well, these have been great on the Housy and Farm for me!

If nothing seems to be working these do save the day.

so i went to walmart yesterday and checked out the condom section. I couldnt find any of the colorful non-lubricated variety. So, Where do yall get your supply?

Flygirl, good to see you posting. I agree with the comments and really think that tying the underbody with a smooth taper is the real key, lets see your efforts . Also taper the latex B4 tying it in