Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Seadog

I never thought I would stoop to this level

I am lmao at those who say they would but there wives would kick them out my wife just yesterday brought home 3 dozen porcupine quills she harvested off of a RK there is a trick to doing this and I will give you the secret get an old towel and wrap it on a stick or a 1 by 1 piece of lumber about 24 inches long then throw it in the car when you see a porcupine on the side of the road just grab that stick and rub the towel part from the tail to the head a few times the quills stick in the towel and when you get home just pluck them from the towel now the trick to getting the wife to do it is a closely gaurded secret that I wont share but a hint is remember how much money you could be saving by picking up road kill instead of buying at a fly shop

I came across a buffalo head lying along side the roadway. My first thoughts were of what kind of fly I could tie with that hair.

Funny, my first thought would be either: 'gee what is this buffalo head doing on the side of the road' or 'gee where is the rest of the buffalo' or 'gee I think I will have a buffalo burger for supper tonight'

:rolleyes: :bugeyes:

We have a buffalo farm a few miles from our house and get meat there all the time, but next time I will have to ask him what he does with the fur.

Search this site for the freezer, microwave bug killing routine as you don't want your collection of materials to get infested.

Sounds like a business opportunity Salty.

if you are really worried all you must do is call the state troopers and they will come out , write a report, & give you a road kill tag thing

- one more strang one --- your own nose hair are great may fly tails painful & productive

if you are really worried all you must do is call the state troopers and they will come out , write a report, & give you a road kill tag thing

- one more strang one --- your own nose hair are great may fly tails painful & productive

Kevan,

Why the name change?

I was sick of seeing my full name up on the board, even thought the super adventuer club would be greatfull--- you all know my name already so whats the diff. but I wuoldn't take a way from my vice -- hell I was going to chage my name to " everyone buy a 720" but that was to much typing. as I stand on thin ice w/ admin [ for what I don't really know] I am just sitting back taking my beating & still tying inventive fish catching flies. The temps are just about 30 degrees right now so I'm going to cach some large fish then come back to read my hate mail from the super adventure team

pease