Fly Tying
cicvara

mouse

That's the best I've ever seen!!

Wait up that title has already been given lol!

That is one sweet mouse!

:hyst: :hyst: :hyst: :hyst: :hyst: :hyst:

Got my three late fall ones all with cracked necks on peanut butter. They were still silver too like that sweet tie. When they are browned up I know they have been living under the stove for a few weeks. Hopefully our new doors will limit next years visitors?

:hyst: :hyst: :hyst: :hyst: :hyst: :hyst:

Got my three late fall ones all with cracked necks on peanut butter. They were still silver too like that sweet tie. When they are browned up I know they have been living under the stove for a few weeks. Hopefully our new doors will limit next years visitors?

I hear ya there... we don't get them in the house much but the garage. I'm at 5 for the winter already. I use those Victor electronic traps, they're pretty cool unless you forget to check them and sometimes the indicator light either doesn't go off when it's discharged or maybe it just turns off after awhile. Decomposed stuff doesn't clean well off the two metal plates.

Kind of brings me back to after a few months after moving into our house. It was a new subdivision so the rodents came in thick as it was all fields before. I used 5 traps, 2 sticky traps, one standard and two electronic. I felt bad for most of them and would carefully peel them off the sticky traps w/o breaking any legs and put them in a bucket and dump them in field a few blocks away. I felt really bad though when after we cleared them all out a couple months later I saw something running around and so I put out an electronic trap.... turns out it was a shrew... first one I ever seen out here.

Im not that PC when it comes to mice. I really wouldnt mind them if they didnt poop on the counter. I figure I can afford to feed two mice a year. Now the wife is another story. She wants em dead, destroyed and decapitated if possible. I dont tell her about my little winter friends in the garage. She never goes i there anyway.

And remember winter only started two days ago, despite the 23 inches of snow we got here on Saturday.

This is the only instance in which I wish Kevin wasn't banned. This is the best mouse fly I have ever seen and now we finally know who the best mouse tyer is.

Does that Poly Yarn float, or do you have to treat it with floatant?

Kevin really got banned? I must have missed that during my flu episode. Despite being out there I sort of enjoyed his unique perspective. Language was a bit harsh I thought, logic specious, but entertaining nonetheless.

Kevin really got banned? I must have missed that during my flu episode. Despite being out there I sort of enjoyed his unique perspective. Language was a bit harsh I thought, logic specious, but entertaining nonetheless.

I could be mistaken I just haven't seen him around since his last meltdown.

As this is made with poly yarn rather than spun deer hair as I have traditionally seen, could you explain the tying method. If this tied similar to a wooly head? would love to see a step by step. Thanks again for sharing.

Harold, do some searching for mouse patterns over the last few months and you will be sure to find that to which Pel is referring. (One hell of an awkward sentence to avoid the dam dangling participle) Dam my pedantic tendencies.

cicvara

I'm with the others. That is one fine mouse! Please explain how the poly is applied or, better yet, post a step by step.