Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
FlySlinger

Adams

Beautifully executed!

It does remind me of a question I have about the pattern database (no criticism implied). Why do you put something like an Adams in the DB? There are multiple instances of it there already, and I think most people on the board already know how to tie one (assuming they tie dry flies.)

Is there a criteria for including a fly in the database vs just posting a picture? Again, this is a question, not an implied criticism.

Beautifully executed!

It does remind me of a question I have about the pattern database (no criticism implied). Why do you put something like an Adams in the DB? There are multiple instances of it there already, and I think most people on the board already know how to tie one (assuming they tie dry flies.)

Is there a criteria for including a fly in the database vs just posting a picture? Again, this is a question, not an implied criticism.

Well the Fly Did pretty Well on this forum so I figure that it deserves to be put on the Data base and each tyer has there own different Twist and Techniques and the members of the forum should be able to see those also...

Thank you FlySlinger

Beautifully executed!

Well the Fly Did pretty Well on this forum so I figure that it deserves to be put on the Data base and each tyer has there own different Twist and Techniques and the members of the forum should be able to see those also...

Thank you FlySlinger

Well put Flyslinger, and folks like me will take every bit of technique and info we can gather...

Heya Frank,

Glad you added this one it's a stunning rendition of an Adams (one of the best I've seen!).

Redietz - I kind of get where you're coming from, but I think it's safe to say the already listed patterns are probably vastly different. Your own Adams ties probably look different? Most patterns have been done before or published before I think the advantage of adding them to the database is that you can bookmark and reference patterns you like or search for them by name or username. If they were only listed as posts they would slowly slip down the thread and dissappear.

I can tie an Adams but will certainly bookmark this one.

Karsten :D

Just to add to what the others said...adding patterns rather than just a picture makes it much easier to pull patterns by tier rather than have to dig through all old posts.

Just to add to what the others said...adding patterns rather than just a picture makes it much easier to pull patterns by tier rather than have to dig through all old posts.

Yes Redwings1 But there are some Patterns that Have a Standard Technique of putting them together ands you have to see the finished Picture to See how th Fly tyer actually put it together.....I went to the data base and looked at the other Adams thAT WERE THERE not that mine was better But I didn't see any that were really similar.....But a good photo would help another Tyer to tye the Pattern of his Choice.....I hate to be so long winded......Oh I see that we live close together....I Used to live Close to your area.... Quite a while ago ....I live in the Wheeling WV area just a quick Drive on the Interstate....Howdy Neighbor

Nice Talking to you

FlySlinger

Just down the road a bit!

What I was referring to was this: say I wanted to see something that RexHunt posted, or see all his flies. It is much easier to go to the database and sort the search by RexHunt flies rather than have to go to all RexHunt posts and flip through them to find what I am looking for. In my mind just an easier way to catalog flies.

Just down the road a bit!

What I was referring to was this: say I wanted to see something that RexHunt posted, or see all his flies. It is much easier to go to the database and sort the search by RexHunt flies rather than have to go to all RexHunt posts and flip through them to find what I am looking for. In my mind just an easier way to catalog flies.

Oh Yes I see what you Say....Yes I agree with that....hhmmmm I think that might work out just fine..I think it could work just fine.....Yes you can do that right now can't you ... I am not that familar with how the Database works...I am still pretty new around here Yet....I was making all kinda of mistakes when I first came ask fly_fischa he must of really shook his head in dismay I was Making 1 mistake after another....Ha Ha

FlySlinger

Very nice tie, indeed. Personally, I like searching in the database and seeing multiple variations of a fly. It's great to be able to research a perfect technical Adams, but I also enjoy comparing variants of the same fly submitted by other tiers...just my 2cents fellas....didn't mean to distract from your thread, 'Slinger, again, fabulous submission for a perfect Adams.