Fly Tying
rich5665

Swapaholics Anonymous - Round 2

since this is my first swap I need to ask, how many flies? and do I need to select one from the pattern database or can I tie anything?

Tie eight flies. Pick any pattern you would like to tie and tie eight flies of that pattern. My only rule for the swap is it has to be on a size 14 or smaller hook. The fly can be a dry, nymph or streamer. I sometimes pick a pattern from the database, a fly fishing magazine or anyone of the online fly shops. Or if you have your own pattern that you like to tie, you can do that as well.

Dropped in the box this morning Rich. Now if Arkansas PO acts as normal you might see them in a week to a month. Let me know when they hit NJ.

The last set of flies I received from Arkansas only took two days to arrive. For some reason the PO is far more efficient in the South.

I will be sending mine today. How much do I need to add for return postage?

Easiest way is to put a Stamped Self Addressed envelope inside your envelope. I usually put a $1.45 to $1.75 on the return envelope.

Here is an up date as posted to the first page:

SM: rich5665 - P.A.D. (Pattern Already Determined) - Needs to get his but in gear and start tying :hyst:

1: fishingbobnelson - Nelson's Caddis - Received

2: Cheri - TBD - Addy Sent

3: Rockworm - TBD - Addy Sent

4: JohnP - pheasant tail

5: mike15851 - SRI Caddis Larva - Addy Sent

6: riffleriversteelheadslayer - microbugger

7: atroutbum2

8: C Teeter

Man I feel very inadequate I still have to pick up some hooks this weekend so i haven't even started tying yet!! :unsure: