Fly Tying
DevinKaradeema

what kind of fisher are you?

What % are you?  

47 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

...but I ain't above grabbing my ugly stick and dropping corn and marshmellows when relaxing at the river camp at the end of the day.

:scared: :scared: :scared:

Cheri!!!!!!! Blasphemous!

One might could overlook pickin' up a baitcaster every now-and-then to chunk buzzbaits into

the lillypads...

But corn & marshmallows???

For Trout????

And you...being a fellow Arkie!

This is upsetting...

I have to go now.

Mike

Almost all of my fishing is fly fishing, but I don't say no to some fun fishing of other kind. There is no point in limiting oneself, variations can be fun :)

Mike, I asked forgiveness. :P (and it was an Arkie that taught me the corn and marshmellow trick) :hyst:

The only time I'm using gear is on an annual trip with a group of guys going after Muskie and Pike. I always bring my fly rod, but being the only fly fisherman in a group of 15 anglers is tough. They tolerate me dominating the casting deck for a little while, but it's usually only a few hours out of a 4 day trip... funny though, I've caught the biggest fish the past 3 years and they've all been on fly. You would think a few of them might clue in.

I voted 90/10 because, if there is water around and someone (usually i have my fly rod) has and extra rod and i have forgotten my fly rod, then i might cast with the occasionall bait chucker

Mike, I asked forgiveness. :P (and it was an Arkie that taught me the corn and marshmellow trick) :hyst:

To be honest, Cheri, corn and marshmallows are about all my dear Pop ever uses.

And I'm certainly not above grabbing my ultra-light spinning rod, threading on

some corn or a marshmallow and sitting down beside him on the river bank.

Sometimes, it's not a matter of what gear you use, what you use for bait, or even if

you catch any fish or not. If I can spend time with my Dad, I'll be happy with a cane pole and a worm.

Mike

It seems to me that the choices leave out a great many fishers - those whose use artificials all the time, but never bait. If the choice were fly/gear, then I would have had to say 95/05, but I haven't fished with bait (except to help a youngster) since I was a kid. Nothing against it; I just don't have any interest in it.

Truthfully I don't care what anyone else says. I fish for my leisure alone. When I first started fly fishing I put everything else away and did nothing but learn fly tying (I knew a little as I tied crappie and smallmouth jigs).

I finally decided after going out with my nephew in his boat one time that I missed making jigs and spinners and sinkers and just plain having a good time, so now I split my time between them all.

Fatman

I'm heading "home" to where I grew up for the weekend, and casting a fly rod is unfortunately not possible unless I do it left handed, then I'll be in the trees from start to stop. My Dad wanted me to make him some spinners for trout, so I'm bringing him 12 custom French, Indiana, and Swing blade lures. I had a 12 compartment box... that's why there are 12. I also tied some small bucktails with Large brass eyes. Edson Tigers, Black Ghosts, stuff like that, and I can cast them on my UL spinning rod like small jigs.

So am I going to be excommunicated from the Fly Tying Forum?