Fly Tying
JohnP

Classic steelhead fly swap

Another terrific set of steelhead flies arrived today from cencalfly. :yahoo: Wonderful work and thanks for the extras. :headbang:

I hope to get the flies packaged and shipped out no later than Wednesday. Thanks very much to all the participants.

I'm really excited and completely nervous about this swap. For some reason I don't think I stepped up enough for this swap and am thinkin my flies aren't as well done as they should have been. I guess I'll find out pretty soon! Thanks to all who joined and John P for hosting.

I'm really excited and completely nervous about this swap. For some reason I don't think I stepped up enough for this swap and am thinkin my flies aren't as well done as they should have been. I guess I'll find out pretty soon! Thanks to all who joined and John P for hosting.

Your flies looked great, Ross. If anybody did not belong, it was me, but since I hosted, they couldn't kick me out :rolleyes: I posted a pic of the collection under steelhead and salmon tying and I will mail the flies out Thursday.

The flies are on the way. Please let me know when they arrive. Thanks again to all participants; it was a fun swap.

John, Great set of Steelhead flies in my mail today. Thanks for hosting and thanks to all the tiers. These are headed North with me next week. B)

John, I would say your first swap was a big success. :thumbup:

I concur! Awesome swap bro! Just when I was loosing faith in the ability to actually have a good swap, BAM you blow me out of the water. You guys that participated all get A++ on this one and go down in "the book" I am keeping to host my first invitation only swap.

Ross and Bob, I am glad the flies arrived. Thanks to both of you and everybody else for participating. I have been studying all of the flies I received to learn how to improve my tying. Now get out there and catch some steelhead! :headbang:

If you study mine, you'll see the flaw in my tye right away. when it came to the wing and hackle I tyed the flies in the wrong order! I tyed wing first, hackle second! Classically the hackle was tyed first and the wing tyed over as the final step before wrapping the head and tying it off. MY bad. I didn't even realize that I was mis-tying the flies until I took a real close up look at some pictures of steelehad flies

If you study mine, you'll see the flaw in my tye right away. when it came to the wing and hackle I tyed the flies in the wrong order! I tyed wing first, hackle second! Classically the hackle was tyed first and the wing tyed over as the final step before wrapping the head and tying it off. MY bad. I didn't even realize that I was mis-tying the flies until I took a real close up look at some pictures of steelehad flies

Ross, If you take a look at the pictures in Trey Combs' book, you will find that they are tied both ways, I think yours will catch fish which is really all that matters!

Got to my Post Office box today and was happy to find a great set of flies inside. Thanks to all the great tyers who

participated, and to John for hosting. Very enjoyable swap. :headbang:

I had a package waiting for me today, it was the swap flies, and they are great. my thanks go out to everone who tied, great job on the flies. and to johnp who hosted. thanks everyone

Cencalfly and Pelhament: Have either of you guys gotten the flies yet?

All right, we'll call this one a wrap. Thanks very much to all the participants for their great tying and for the extras. My steelhead fly box never looked so good. :yahoo: