Fly Tying
Mr. Vegas

Official: What did you tie today

a dozen cream and dove SH, size 14, Quick and easy...may get to get them wet between now and May :crying: :crying:

Midges midges and more midges for a swap on a local board. Size 22 and 24s. Now that I'm finally done I'm desperately looking forward to tying something on a hook I can actually see :yahoo:

a dozen cream and dove SH, size 14, Quick and easy...may get to get them wet between now and May :crying: :crying:

Any chance you could post a pic? Love those soft hackles ...

Caddis

Andrew

Nice Andrew! What are you using in the for the legs?

Thanks,

Deer hair died brown. I dubbed it, wrapped around the thorax & secured with some more wraps. Trim to lengthy.

Andrew

Well I trying to fill up my bugger stock, so I am tying buggers, buggers and more buggers.

Current Color scheme is:

Hook Mustad 9672 Sizes 4, 2

Tail: Black Marabou

Rib: Med. Gold Wire

Body: Med. Olive Pearl Chenille

Hackle: Black Saddle wrapped from head to tail and then ribbed counter clockwise to Hackle wrap.

Weight: .030 20 wraps on the shank of the hook.

Hopefully I will get a camera in the near future, so I can post some pics...... Back to the vice...

P.S. Nice ties everyone!

I am tying some spider grubs on a jig hook and also doing bead body scuds. Will post pics tonight

Thanks to everyone that holds swaps!!! 5 out today! Of course box cleaned and tagged

9rjnl4r24f8jne3r3nk33sfnfs.jpg

tied some parachute BWO and worked on my woven fly skills. Deffinatly need some work!

Just applied the last coat of head cement on this Silver Doctor that was a struggle all the way (which is normal in that I haven't tied one in a year)

Anyway, I didn't have red thread so I used a red sharpie on the white UTC 70. went ok until I applied alcohol based cement which made the red bleed to the gut. Need to tie more Classic's, they really make me a better tier ,

Hows it look?

post-4571-1295205196_thumb.jpg

Just applied the last coat of head cement on this Silver Doctor that was a struggle all the way (which is normal in that I haven't tied one in a year)

Anyway, I didn't have red thread so I used a red sharpie on the white UTC 70. went ok until I applied alcohol based cement which made the red bleed to the gut. Need to tie more Classic's, they really make me a better tier ,

Hows it look?

looks great as usual Bruce except that bloody gut :hyst: