Fly Tying
Crotalus

A fly tying first for me...

in 10+ years of tying i had never spilled my head cement until today. I didnt screw the cap of my Hard as Nails on tight and dropped it when i tried picking it up. clean up wasnt bad but the residual fumes are still strong, need to get some fresh air soon

You wouldn't be the first! I've spilled hard as nails a time or two. I don't use the stuff anymore, I've started using urethane glue that I think is more durable (and spill proof).

:hyst:

First time really????

In 30+ yrs of tying Ive dumped it, knocked it of the end of the bench, and set it down and was not on the bench. I've even had one thrown at me!!

Your doing good!!!

Blessings,

Jeremy

I can top that - I read this thread (amongst others) and went up stairs to tie some flies. I was tying brassies, so I thought I'd try a layer of superglue on the body before wrapping the fly. I pick up the superglue, belch superglue all over the fly, down the thread onto the bobbin and all over my vice. "Shit", I think (the only thinking I've apparently done) "I'm gonna glue my vice jaws shut". I look around and don't see any paper towels, so I use my fingers - getting the fly out of the vice and now gluing it to my fingers. Then I remember my handkerchief. so I whip that out, wipe off as much as I can and drop it to the floor.

The vice is ok. My fingers are covered w/ superglue so I can't feel a thing. I did get the fly off my fingers, but my handkerchief is now glued to the floor. I think I win the afternoon moron award.

I can top that - I read this thread (amongst others) and went up stairs to tie some flies. I was tying brassies, so I thought I'd try a layer of superglue on the body before wrapping the fly. I pick up the superglue, belch superglue all over the fly, down the thread onto the bobbin and all over my vice. "Shit", I think (the only thinking I've apparently done) "I'm gonna glue my vice jaws shut". I look around and don't see any paper towels, so I use my fingers - getting the fly out of the vice and now gluing it to my fingers. Then I remember my handkerchief. so I whip that out, wipe off as much as I can and drop it to the floor.

The vice is ok. My fingers are covered w/ superglue so I can't feel a thing. I did get the fly off my fingers, but my handkerchief is now glued to the floor. I think I win the afternoon moron award.

:hyst: :hyst: :hyst: :hyst: :hyst: :hyst:

can't remember who but they glued their glasses to their head.. But that was pretty funny :lol:

:hyst: :hyst: :hyst: wd40 the glue it will come off!!

can't remember who but they glued their glasses to their head.. But that was pretty funny :lol:

Big Daddy Hub did that one i remember that story!