Fly Tying
Mr. Vegas

Ever have a crappy day and then...

Dustin,

You have discovered what many never will...Enjoy the gifts god gives and be thankful for the everyday blessings. You have decided to focus on the positive aspects of life and the things under your control...

And...you tie a wicked looking fly :thumbsup:

Thanks for the reminder of what's important in life.

take care...dave

Thanks Dave! Today is gonna be a good day. Gonna take a drive up to lake mead and kick around and make sure my float tube still is in working order

We used to dive kingman wash on the AZ side of the lake... Tons of bass and bream, used to watch the bream bed on the warm gravel flats along the bank. The bass cover is over the top...huge boulders and rock walls.

And then the stipers in vegas wash later this year...Have fun!

It has not been blown up for around 11 years. It is a bucks bags bullet. Granted it is a little older but I only used it twice. Wonder if the bladder has a shelf life? Now I got to find where I stored my other force fin?? ARG

206.gif

Its not going to be till feb 5th for the demo. Time is still not hashed out but the date is set.

It has not been blown up for around 11 years. It is a bucks bags bullet. Granted it is a little older but I only used it twice. Wonder if the bladder has a shelf life? Now I got to find where I stored my other force fin?? ARG

206.gif

So did the float tube make it another year?

I did need to get another bladder for it. I called bucks bags and they said it should be replaced every 6-7 years with the old bladders which is what I had. They did sell it to me at 50% off which was really cool. Should show up on monday..

Really cool pic. Sky's here are grey and dreary. It doesn't help that I worked all day and am missing a night out with my family so I can study. Took a break and saw your thread. The pic helped a little so thanks :thumbsup:

Just managed to attach my hand to my vice via a nice 3/0 circle hook, had it in the vice and was grabbing some material on the floor, brushed past at pace and *wham* to the barb! Just about poked through, attached some lanyard and managed to remove it. Then while i was finishing the fly i squeezed my zap too hard and an enormous drop fell and went straight onto the bobbin of new thread i just put on! UGH! I am going to the lounge now.