Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
jburge

Tenkara Swap (any style)

Been out of state for nearly a week, so haven't been able to keep y'all up to speed. But here's the good news... all flies are in! Received both Houndog's and boynabubble's flies this past week.

Houndog - outstanding

boynabubble - beautiful work

That now means that I'm getting to work on returning these flies. I won't be able to get to 'em on Saturday 'cause, poor me, I'm attending an all-day fly tying class with Jay Fair :D I'll for sure get to work on dividing everything up on Sunday and keep you posted as to when they leave the building. If you could let me know when you receive them too, that'd be great.

Thanks to everybody. I'm gonna take pictures and post 'em here too, so be on the lookout.

John

We're almost done...

Just finished sorting and taking lots of pix. I set up a web page for your perusal and enjoyment :) :

http://bdigitaldesign.com/tenkara_swap/

Next is the packaging up and they are outta here. I'll let you know when they hit the post office.

John

Thanks John for all the work you put into this...The pictures look great and the flies look awesome. Cannot wait to get these in the water.

shad

I wish I had seen this swap earlier. I have been trying my hand at some Tenkara patterns and doing a bunch of reading on the subject. I wish I could have participated in this swap. Great job guys. :headbang:

And one more update... all flies are outta here!

Just got back from the post office and sent all packages. Please let me know when they arrive. Thanks!

John

I wish I had seen this swap earlier. I have been trying my hand at some Tenkara patterns and doing a bunch of reading on the subject. I wish I could have participated in this swap. Great job guys. :headbang:

Ray,

Maybe next month? I'm tying for three other swaps right now and don't want to get too overloaded, but wouldn't mind hosting another one if the timing's right. :)

John

Mine are here....and I thought they looked good in the pics...

Thanks to all for making a great swap.

Darrin

Mine came in the mail yesterday. I can't wait to try out these fine-looking flies. Many thanks to the swapmeister for his efforts.

Received a nice set of flies in the mail this morning! Looking forward to trying these out next month, thanks for hosting B)

rockworm thanks for the extra, they look great and are very well packaged!

Wow! Glad to hear your flies are showing up. I always have a little concern in the back of my head wondering if they made it safely home :)

Keep me posted as to when they arrive. Thanks!

John

Just received my flies in the mail today and are they good looking flies. Cannot wait for the weather in Newfoundland to clear up so I can go out and give them a shot. Thanks for the great swap and an especially big thanks to John for hosting this swap and all the work into posting pictures of the flies.

Shad