Fly Tying
wes917

Fly Tyers dungeon

I emailed him on the 25th after about 2 weeks waiting for my order. He stated that his was about 7 days behind in shipping, but that he would be close to caught up on Monday. I'm expecting my package today, I'f I had known it was going to take this long I would have ordered more.

Has anyone here looked into becoming a "dealer" through him? I would consider placing that large of any order and spreading it across several friends who tie.

He must be caught up - I got my small order in less than a week. Good stuff for the price!

I've ordered from him twice and it took a long long long time. I'd order from him again in a heart beat, it's cheap, excellent quality and it's nice that it shows up after you've forgotten you've ordered something.

Just an update, I recieved my order today, and as everyone else has said it is very good quality. I guess now I know a timeline and will place my next order with that in mind. It is definately worth the wait.

If I'd seen this post before I probably wouldn't have put an order in with him. Like nearly everybody has said, he doesn't answer emails or even when I put through a query via Paypal still no reply. I have NEVER had bad communication problems with any place I have bought gear from in the U.S.A. but this guy is really bad. I hope the wait is worth it. Just a waiver on his website about extended delivery time would be a great idea and then most people would know what's going on. Oh well, I hope my package makes it to Australia for me before I get too old to use it.

Cheers Dazz

I've bought a lot of stuff from this guy - turnaround time is usually two weeks. My guess is that he makes his own materials, and if something isn't in stock, the order goes on hold until he does a new run. No excuse for not communicating with customers though. He no doubt stays in business because of his prices and because he sells some stuff you can't get anywhere else.

I ordered from him twice and had no problem. I think he does this all by himself or with little help. In my opinion, a two weeks wait is nothing compared to all of the quality material he sends.

Bruce

back in the fall i placed a order (baitfish box and a Christmas box) the bait box came right away and the Christmas box came after the first of december.

the only problem, as little as i tie i will not have use it all up by next Christmas. i will order from ftd again.

craig

I have purchased several items from him in the past few months and have had zero problems.

He was very helpful in assisting my wife when she was trying to order some materials for a stocking stuffer during the holidays.

Between that and the small orders I've placed, I'm not certain that I will ever be able to use all of the material.

Good materials for the cost, I have issues with some of the leg materials specifically, the quality reflects the cost in that product IMO while most other goods are of good quality and a great price. Living in Canada orders from the U.S usually take 10-18 business days to arrive, however ordering from FTD things took around 30 business days or a month and a half to get to my door. It took long enough that I actually forgot that I had placed an order.

He's always come through for me and has responded to my emails. Last Christmas I sent him an email after all of the first batch of boxes went out and he had my order turned around in 10 days. I think the thing to keep in mind is that he has to semi-manufacture all of this stuff. Even if he doesn't make the material itself, he still dyes it, sorts it, and packages it, and quite often that is what we are waiting for. If you don't like the wait then I guess you can pay 4 times as much for half as much material at your local fly shop. Cheap, fast, or good. Pick two.

Good materials for the cost, I have issues with some of the leg materials specifically, the quality reflects the cost in that product IMO while most other goods are of good quality and a great price. Living in Canada orders from the U.S usually take 10-18 business days to arrive, however ordering from FTD things took around 30 business days or a month and a half to get to my door. It took long enough that I actually forgot that I had placed an order.

That's pretty quick. a few years ago I had a huge order that took close to 4 months to get and when I did it had bags of left overs and mixes he never had listed. otherwise crap. I guess that was his way of giving the finger. Never recommended him or ordered again. I had already given my friends their money back. It was not pleasant in any way. Unprofessional all the way, I am glad for you people who get respect and your orders. I for one deter everyone that asks me about the site , I tell them about my experience and his refusal to reply to my contact attempts.

Lots of other companies get my hard earned money now.

I order from the FTD on a regular basis. The materials are excellent and those times when I have had a question I sent an email was always responded to. No complaints here, I recommend him to all my tying friends.

I have only ordered twice from FTD but both orders came in a timely fashion. I have no complaints and I will order from them again.

Ordered from them a couple times and love the product. And as others have stated, if it does take a while, you usually get some extra goodies for the wait. They will always have my dubbing business!