Fly Tying
trez

Fly Tyers Dungeon dubbings

The Fly Tyer's Dungeon donated some dubbings to my home school fly tying class. Well I've got to tell you they are some really nice dubbings. Their skeeter dubbing is the finest (smallest) I have ever seen. If your tying really small flies, this would a great dubbing for the task. He also sent some Antron and a dubbing he calls Halo. Both have a real nice sparkle and should be easy to dub.

First rate stuff,

Thanks Fly Tyer's Dungeon, the stuff you sent should be easy for beginners to use and they look great.

http://www.flytyersdungeon.com/index.htm

What other dubbings and materials of his do you guys like? I'm thinking about ordering some more and would like input.

I think A.K. Best said once that thier Skeeter dubbing was the best he'd ever used. It is a

great dubbing. Also really like the Peacock dubbing in different colors. They also have a Hare's Ear something, don't remember the name - I'm at work. It has some flash and is nice and spikey.

No question they put out some great products.

My favorite products are the water mix and halo dubbing. I use the water mix to make my own dubbing. They are great materials!!

I like most of his dubbing, but my two favorites are the Monster Wet and the Coarse and Wet. Of course, I tie lots of wet flies and soft hackles.

I like most of his dubbing, but my two favorites are the Monster Wet and the Coarse and Wet. Of course, I tie lots of wet flies and soft hackles.

I tie soft hackles too. Right now, I use my own blend of antron.

Could you please post some photos of your softhackles with dungeon's dubbing??

Thanks,

Byron

This fly is tied using my home made dubbing

byrons_soft_hackle-2.jpg

I tie soft hackles too. Right now, I use my own blend of antron.

Could you please post some photos of your softhackles with dungeon's dubbing??

Thanks,

Byron

This fly is tied using my home made dubbing

byrons_soft_hackle-2.jpg

That's a really nice-looking fly. I just checked his web site and, of course, he no longer shows the Monster Wet dubbing :wallbash: . I will try to post a photo later of a fly tied with it. I mostly use natural furs such as hare's ear, beaver, muskrat and Australian opossum in tying fur-bodied wets and softies.

I would love to try their stuff, but it's been a month since I ordered and it is just being shipped now.

Edit: Speak of the devil it got here today and seems to have been worth the weight, they sent me all that I had ordered about $15 worth of stuff and included 5 extra bags of dubbing, an extra glue stick, and one looks to be a full squirrel hide that I didn't pay for. Can't wait to tie with the stuff!

As per request, here are a couple of flies tied with FTD dubbing.

Coarse and wet:

post-20675-1300143781_thumb.jpg

Monster wet:

post-20675-1300143838_thumb.jpg

His Halo dubbing reminds me of SLF? Is it similar?

I find the SLF dubbing much easier to work with. I did not like his halo dub.