Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
TheYiman

Smallmouth Swap

I hear ya, we'll figure it out. No problem.

Anyone in this swap know someone that might want to join?

SullyTM - your flies arrived. Thanks for the extra.

Well I started to tie this afternoon,about time...right. I want to ship by the 16th. I was kinda freakin' out,when the swap came up I ordered some stuff from a fly shop,I dont have a fly shop around my house for 100 miles,Thay called a few days later and said it was all on back order and it will be to ya in two weeks.So today was two weeks and I got it in the mail,just in time.It will take me a few days to finish them up and ship them out.

eastern fly had a good idea about putting an extra top water if no body takes the spot,anyway let me know.

Thanks,

Guest rich mc

since no one joined in i'll send in 11 of my shannon streamers.its a very easy tie that works well rich mc

Well, I am just about finished with them. Just have to put a coating on the foam. What ya think?

post-11501-0-39984300-1305208744_thumb.jpg

Look good from here.....White Marabou streamer worked well for me tuesday....several nice SM and a ton of brim.

I have got to get busy on mine....life jumped into overdrive and havent had an extra minute....

Darrin

Y'all are going to like the Shannon Streamer. It fishes cool.

Dean those look great. Glad to see the swap moving along!

How's everyone else doing?

Sounds good. I hope my message helped.

Helped out,thanks should go good.I just hope all the new flies fit in the box,if not,cramin' in, I dont know, it will be all right.Thanks for the good time.

Guest rich mc

sent the shannon streamers out today.light yellow, they look awesome. rich mc

Well I'm going to sit down tonight and crank out these flies. I was thinking of dropping out earlier this month, but I really enjoy tying and think I'm ready to start. I was dreading being alone with my thoughts, but I'm getting better.

The background is that on April 21st at approximately 11:45 am my younger brother shot himself. Even typing this is still hard. We will never know why a sane, rational, smart and handsome man would do this. He had a good job, two houses, a great family and was only 41 yrs old. He was getting a divorce, but things would have ended fine. He left my wife, and two nieces, three stepsons and his wife devastated. My wife has known him since he was eighteen. His new family has known him for eight years. The kids real father is a dick and they all left notes in the casket saying Peter, my brother, was the real father to them.

I lost my mother in 2001 at 52 to breast cancer and three years later my father died of a broken heart at 55. He and my father were best friends and I don't think he ever recovered.

God bless you Pete and I hope you found peace.

My condolences to you and your family my friend. I'm very sorry to hear that. May Pete rest in peace.