Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
jhammer

Fly fishing for Channel Cats

First off, I've been receiving great feedback from my articles. It's truly wonderful to be able to spread the word of fly fishing. Writing them is also a fun thing to do that keeps me occupied when my health is acting up. Like I said before, I'm not in the business of spamming or anything, but a couple folks asked me if I would post some new articles every now and then. (If it is an issue admins, I'll be more than happy to oblige. I certainly don't want to lose my privileges to this awesome website!)

Now, there's not a whole lot written about fly fishing for mr. whiskers. A lot of folks do it, but there's not a ton of information out there for the beginners. This article is a little bit of the basics on fly fishing for channels. Keep in mind, I'm not an expert! There's folks who are a lot more talented at it than I am! But, I do have some experience on the rivers and I wish to share a little bit of what I know, to help some folks out! Enjoy!

My link

Good article. I've never specifically targeted them with flies, but have caught dozens on flies while after other species. Good fight & tasty too! :)

catfish are very popular in my area and caught quiet a few in one of our big lakes that are loaded with them. had some success with streamers and large nymph patterns. I enjoyed reading your article. They are a real blast to catch on a fly.

Mike

I use size 16 and 18 white dry flies in june, you get the monsters.