Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
NJFlyMAn

Looking for a source for uni thread & wire???

Was wondering if anybody has a good source for buying Uni thread or wire where they don't charge you extra for a color preference? And the source also must have good shipping rates if you buy 3 spools or up tooo 24 spools. B)

Last time I checked, J Stockard has all the Uni products.

Charging different prices for colors of the same Uni-thread? It has never happened to me.

same here, I have never seen different prices for colors of thread.

I think I remember seeing different prices for SOME different colors of Ultra-Wire, but not thread.

The obvious marketing answer to your pricing issue is that the seller will just start charging the HIGHER price for ALL the colors.

Sorry, Maybe it wasn't the thread they charged me extra for the color. It was the Waspi Ultra wire. All i remember was this company charged me extra for a color preference when i placed an order for just wire and thread. :(

I think I remember seeing different prices for SOME different colors of Ultra-Wire, but not thread.

The obvious marketing answer to your pricing issue is that the seller will just start charging the HIGHER price for ALL the colors.

I'm ok with that..B/c with today's internet when a seller pulls that crap. I just ask around or find a different online store that sells it for less. As I did today. B)

One example . Brassie Ultra wire all colors $1.50+ free shipping in the USA..

Some other big online store sells it for over $2.00 and shipping depending on color. :angry:

I would think in today's market the bigger the store, the less they would charge for their products. Since they are buying bulk and selling larger quantities of it? B)

I'm ok with that..B/c with today's internet when a seller pulls that crap. I just ask around or find a different online store that sells it for less. As I did today. B)

One example . Brassie Ultra wire all colors $1.50+ free shipping in the USA..

Some other big online store sells it for over $2.00 and shipping depending on color. :angry:

I would think in today's market the bigger the store, the less they would charge for their products. Since they are buying bulk and selling larger quantities of it? B)

Where did you find it that cheap?

brassie size is 2 different prices for different colors at j stockard - $1.35 & $2.05

First let me say i am an avid buyer from Jstockard. BUT. White water flies has the best deal on utlra wire bare none. Cant beat free shipping. I mean this guy will mail you a spool of thread for no shipping charge. The Gentleman, is some times a little slow getting things in the mail, but hey its free! P.S. JS Kicks ass.

that has never ever happened to me. \who have you previously bought from? feather craft i think has the uni products and so does j stockard.

Copper wire from Wapsi is about 30 feet. At 1.35, OR 2.00 plus, it is way too much. This source has copper wire in colors and all the sizes you need. Price is $6.60 or less. In the smallest sizes, there is 300 feet on a spool. There are at least 16 colors with 300 feet per spool in 32, and 28 gauge. In the 26 gauge, it is in 200 feet or 150 feet. At 150 feet, its the same price, as a 5 30 foot spools, but there are a lot of colors at this gauge that at in 200 foot spools. The finer wires work out to be 66 cents for 30 foot spool. If your using a lot of copper wire in colors, it may be worth looking at this site.

Parawire:

http://www.parawire.com/craftstore.html

No connection, and I have not purchased any. My supply of copper wire is from Beldon wire, and I still have 3/4 of a pound of 38 gauge, and 1/4 pound of 28 gauge to use up. In colored wire, I have a few dozen spools still, and they are so old, the stickers say 75 cents.

One other source for copper wire in colors is: http://www.unexcelledfishing.com/index.php?option=com_gescart&task=product_listing&c=red&display_id=108&Itemid=10

The price is $1.65 for 100 feet of 32 gauge, and 60 feet of 28 gauge. Available in 6 colors.

Copper wire from Wapsi is about 30 feet. At 1.35, OR 2.00 plus, it is way too much. This source has copper wire in colors and all the sizes you need. Price is $6.60 or less. In the smallest sizes, there is 300 feet on a spool. There are at least 16 colors with 300 feet per spool in 32, and 28 gauge. In the 26 gauge, it is in 200 feet or 150 feet. At 150 feet, its the same price, as a 5 30 foot spools, but there are a lot of colors at this gauge that at in 200 foot spools. The finer wires work out to be 66 cents for 30 foot spool. If your using a lot of copper wire in colors, it may be worth looking at this site.

Parawire:

http://www.parawire.com/craftstore.html

No connection, and I have not purchased any. My supply of copper wire is from Beldon wire, and I still have 3/4 of a pound of 38 gauge, and 1/4 pound of 28 gauge to use up. In colored wire, I have a few dozen spools still, and they are so old, the stickers say 75 cents.

One other source for copper wire in colors is: http://www.unexcelledfishing.com/index.php?option=com_gescart&task=product_listing&c=red&display_id=108&Itemid=10

The price is $1.65 for 100 feet of 32 gauge, and 60 feet of 28 gauge. Available in 6 colors.

I'm used to Ultra wire sizing, so how does 32 gauge and 28 gauge to Ultra's small, brassie, medium, etc.?

Wapsi ultra wire sizes are Large = 26 gauge, 0.018"; Medium = 28 gauge, 0.0126"; Brassie - 32 gauge, 0.0060".

Para wire has all these sizes, and more.