Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Panama Red

Trash Fish

Left over materials combined to make a fly for this weekend. What say you?, I'm thinking of using one an SBS.

P1030757.jpg

...What say you?, I'm thinking of using one an SBS.

I say, looks great!

SBS - I'm thinking, what are you waiting for?

Kirk

Very nice bug... sometimes a darker color is just what the fish are looking for. Be careful what you call it though. In my area we have a booby prize called a "trashcan slam". All you need to win is a catfish, a lizardfish, and a puffer (blowfish) to qualify - all on fly gear of course... in the same day. I've actually had one or two anglers that have that distintion (if you can call it that..). Since puffers absolutely destroy any fly they come after it's considered good tactics to take the catfish and lizardfish first....

Love the purple and gold. We fish that color combination a lot down here, very productive.

Fred

Sweet fly Dave, I love the colors

I agree with Capt Bob about the blowfish. When I was a kid we used to call them Ramboes (the movie was huge at the time) because they would absolutely destroy a plastic trout jig. I have caught many a trash can slam but never on a fly, maybe something to shoot for :blink: