Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

What do you pay ?

In Ontario it's $21 for a conservation license or $26 and change for a sportsman license (CDN). Depending on which you get your possesion limits change. Of course you can plan on almost doubling that if you are a non-resident.

If memory serves me right, I paid 18.00 for full year here in Montana - there is talk

about raising it for next year. Then I also pay approx. 65.00 a year to fish on the

Blackfeet Indian Reservation - well worth it, though.

This year was $18 in Kansas and $11 for a trout stamp to fish the winter stockers. I annually spend far more on non-resident licenses for Missouri and Arkansas than to fish locally. Then if a trip to Wyoming or Montana breaks out... Best deal is Yellowstone National Park, $10 for 10 days

Looks like we're on the high end.

Massachusetts is $30/yr. - fishing only and the state is so small that I end up buying out of state licenses for NY, CT, VT and ME every year.

Bamboo

I know fishing for NY was already posted but it was for resident and at the annual rate($19). 7 day fishing resident is $12 and a Senior (65+) is only $5.

For The out of towners they get the privilige of $40 a year or $25 for 7 days.

There is also a 1 day fee of $15 for anyone if that is all they will fish.

NY also has a $5 habitat stamp (completly optional) which goes to land purchases and maintenance of such.

These rates have gone up to these levels a couple of years ago after more than 10 years at old rates. I heard alot of people complaining until they heard about other states fees and realized that maybe it wasn't so bad afterall.

QUOTE (Pujic @ Nov 23 2004, 02:16 PM)
In Ontario it's $21 for a conservation license or $26 and change for a sportsman license (CDN). Depending on which you get your possesion limits change. Of course you can plan on almost doubling that if you are a non-resident.

I spent $61 CDN for my 2004 Ontario annual. $27 for Michigan annual.

Ok, for all of ya`ll wondering where the high end is and thinking they are paying a lot to go fishing, this is how it works in Germany:

If you want to fish you need a fishing license. Nothing new so far. BUT: You can`t just buy it over here. To get the license you have to take a test and, of course, pass it. In order to be allowed to take the test, you have to take part in a preperation class, which consists of roughly 60 hours of teaching/learning all about fish, tackle etc.

Say you pass the test, which only about 70 % of the people who take it do, you still can`t go fishing.

That`s because every piece of river, every drop of lake belongs to someone. And only that someone is allowed to fish their waters, or, to give out permits to people who wanna fish there. If YOU want to fish there, you have to pay the owner to get a permit.

So to sum it up:

The classes and test will cost you around 300 dollars. That is if you pass it on the first try.

To obtain the factual license you get charged by your age. The older you are, the cheaper the license will be because it`s a lifetime deal. I don`t remember what I paid but it was around 300 bucks when I was 20. And dont tell me that`s not too bad for a lifetime fishing license.

So that`s 600 bucks just to be allowed to go fishing. Which doesnt mean your able to go fishing yet because you need:

The permit: Well that depends on where you want to go. I myself have spent 560 Euros on permits in 2004. That allowed me to fish on three sections of two different small rivers. No lake fishing there. The length of river I am allowed to fish on is aproximatly 12 miles. That`s it.

That`s where the high end is.

Andy

I find in amazing the differences in what we all pay to fish.

Im sure most of us, except Moskito _01 may be willing to pay more.

The people and places that fishing has taken me. I can put a price on that.