Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Prybis

Micro Hairwings

Here are a couple of Micro Hairwing flies I tied today. These are tied on size 12 200R hooks. Flex floss bodies, holoshimmer rib, and kip tail wing. Hope you enjoy.

fly001.jpg

fly008.jpg

fly002.jpg

Those are really nice looking flies, great job. What is this holo shimmer ribbing material you used, never heard of it ... or by that name.

Mike

Those are really nice looking flies, great job. What is this holo shimmer ribbing material you used, never heard of it ... or by that name.

Mike

you can also get it at Joanns fabrics in the thread department great stuff love the flies

Very nice. I really like the translucent flex floss bodies. If you want them to pop just a little more, underwrap it with tinsel for cloudy days. Great sunny day pattern as is.

Deeky

Really nice ties and love the way the bodies look with the flex floss. Is that Danville flex floss?

Skip

Skip48, I am using the spirit river flex floss. I have a roll of similar material in a pink that I got from Jo-Annes which called stretch cord. I have seen it listed on ebay also. Here is a listing that has 25 different colors.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/25-color-1-10-Roll-Elastic-Stretch-Thread-Cord-Bracelet-Jewelry-Making-0-5mm-/140651931085?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item66740fd24c#ht_18408wt_1139

Thanks Mike P. that stuff looks really nice. Danville has some Nylon Stretch that looks interesting and I have some samples of it and just have not tried it yet.

They have a good list of colors too, but don't think near as many as the ones your showing. They only have 15 colors, but more of them than not are Fluorescent at least.

I look at them first since I have an account with them so get their products at a good price, but may want to see about the stuff you show here as it looks really nice.

Other Mike that is a great price for that much of most anything for tying!

Both of you guys links show some great colors too.

Thanks again,

Skip

The Nylon Stretch and Uni Stretch are not the same as the flex floss. Spanflex would be the closest match. This is a rubber material like silli legs but not as brittle.