Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
hambone870

from the illinois wisconsin border

Hello to all,

My name is Blake and I fish the IL WI border area. I'm an all year fisherman who changes my target species often. As related to fly fishing and fly tying I chase steelhead, salmon, and brown trout in the Lake Michigan tributaries in both the spring and the fall. Late spring and early summer you will find me in the Wisconsin Driftless area chasing stream trout. Fly fishing and tying are only a few years old for me but I think i enjoy it most of all. While a lot of the flies i make I would still consider to be crude, they do catch plenty of fish. For me it is all about being a well rounded angler and fooling fish on my own creations. It looks like a great forum and can't wait to learn some new recipes.

p1070112p.jpg

1000145q.jpg

Hello to all,

My name is Blake and I fish the IL WI border area. I'm an all year fisherman who changes my target species often. As related to fly fishing and fly tying I chase steelhead, salmon, and brown trout in the Lake Michigan tributaries in both the spring and the fall. Late spring and early summer you will find me in the Wisconsin Driftless area chasing stream trout. Fly fishing and tying are only a few years old for me but I think i enjoy it most of all. While a lot of the flies i make I would still consider to be crude, they do catch plenty of fish. For me it is all about being a well rounded angler and fooling fish on my own creations. It looks like a great forum and can't wait to learn some new recipes.

p1070112p.jpg

1000145q.jpg

Welcome & NICE Fish !

welcome to the forum. almost neighbors. I'm over here is Iowa. Nice to see another midwestern ;)

Mike

Holy shit! MY name's Blake and I ALSO fish in the IL/WI area... the Driftless you might know it as. Small world... small world. You ever made your way on up to Viroqua, WI? Some nice streams in that area.

Holy shit! MY name's Blake and I ALSO fish in the IL/WI area... the Driftless you might know it as. Small world... small world. You ever made your way on up to Viroqua, WI? Some nice streams in that area.

Yeah i like vernon and richland counties the best but do fish grant iowa and dane as well