Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
nyFLYguy05

Clear Cure Goo

Good evening everyone ,

Before I hit my tying dungeon I would like some advice on the Clear Cure Goo topic - thank you all in advance

From what I understand epoxy is in the old ages lol - clear cure goo is the newest and greatest quick so called epoxy method out, what does everyone think about this? I am going to the somerset show in NJ with joe blados next friday and i am going to be buying TONS of materials and ordering some online as well - does everyone think its cheaper to buy at a show? or order online?

Also what does everyone think of clear cure goo?

I have used it 2x and fell in love with it - also their company has excellent customer service?

Thanks!

On the bears den website it is $41 for the kit which includes 10ML of the thick and 10ML of the thin and the UV light

Bearsden have tons of stuff for some great prices - they also have bug bong and the new tuff cure goo

www.bearsden.com

I hope you know its wild dog right>? You know theres a difference between so called pet dogs and wild dogs? And really whats the difference bewteen a dog A raccoon or squirrel? They are all wild - i like bears den very much

Im sorry but if you use any fur than its tough to say a comment about being against a website because they sell a certain type of fur? What give us a right to judge animals stating dog is better than another animal? All i was asking about was clear cure lol

Thanks Panama, i am def going to grab some and possibly try out some of the other clear cure products as well

I use regular epoxy a lot and HATE the stuff. Been looking at CCG and the like for a long time now. Im just irritated by the price of the darn flashlight. I dont know why it bugs me so much, but I think thats where they are making a ton of their money.

But you cant argue with the product. Its awesome stuff. Im going get some pretty soon, just trying to figure out which kit to start with.

Im sorry but if you use any fur than its tough to say a comment about being against a website because they sell a certain type of fur? What give us a right to judge animals stating dog is better than another animal? All i was asking about was clear cure lol

Selling, transporting, manufacturing with, or importing dog fur in the U.S. violates federal law. And anybody who doesn't think dogs are special is invited to raise a hand to me in the presence of the dog in my avatar. Name another animal that will defend you with its life. And I'll comment on anything I damned well please.

I'm not going to get into wether ccg is better than epoxy or not, but they do give a discount at the shows.

I don't buy anything from bears den either because of that. Is there really a need to use the dog fur. and the temple dog isn't just killing the dog and getting it's fur off. They skin the dog alive which is completely disgusting and I don't know how anyone could use that in a fly!

Besides the above, I don't think they kill and soft tan dog pelts. All they have to do is go to a dog groomer and collect it. Geez.

Besides the above, I don't think they kill and soft tan dog pelts. All they have to do is go to a dog groomer and collect it. Geez.

Yes, that's exactly what they do. The fur is on the skin and there are no dog groomers in China, which is where the stuff comes from. There are also no animal cruelty laws in China and the treatment of dogs in that country is well documented. I'm no PETA activist - I've hunted and fished since I was a child and I use legally and humanely harvested animal products for fly tying, but what is going on with the temple dog BS turns my stomach. And like I said, it's a violation of federal law.