Fly Tying
rockworm

Second Annual Evolution Swap

They told me 7-10 days at the desk. Today is 9 days, so I guess a few more days won't hurt, but most of the other stuff I mailed that day, even stuff to canada has been delivered for a few days.

Hopefully nothing happened to them.

C

Jim

Good to hear your flies are on the way. Sounds like I should expect some mail this week! I have sent PMs to sjo and bluegill and hope to hear their flies will be in the mail soon.

Desod's package arrived today. Nice tyes Cory!

An update on the swap: I expect the last couple of sets to arrive this week or early next week. Bluegill576 has bailed on us so I propose to tye up something suitable in his place. More work for me! But it means I will get two sets and will be able to fish your wonderful flies. In fact, these flies look so good I think I won't be the only one getting them wet!

Glad they finally got there, I was getting a little worried considering there were flies from two swaps in there.

C

Thanks Bob. But I think I prefer a set without a "missing link." Besides, this way I get to learn the Granny Weave, which most of you guys have used on your flies. (I hate it when you can do something I can't!)

Thanks Bob. But I think I prefer a set without a "missing link." Besides, this way I get to learn the Granny Weave, which most of you guys have used on your flies. (I hate it when you can do something I can't!)

Rocky, go here http://www.flyanglersonline.com/ and click on fly tying (left side of page) then Advanced tying (again left of page). You will come across a bunch of excellent tutorials for woven bodies. Unfortunately no matter where you navigate on the site the URL stays the same, so I can't give a direct link to woven bodies.

Today my postman brought packages from BBBruce and Sjo. Excellent additions to our Evolutionary series! Now, if cencalfly's contribution arrives before the weekend I can get my wife to mail the american sets from Indiana (where she will be next week on business) and save a few bucks on postage.

Rocky, go here http://www.flyanglersonline.com/ and click on fly tying (left side of page) then Advanced tying (again left of page). You will come across a bunch of excellent tutorials for woven bodies. Unfortunately no matter where you navigate on the site the URL stays the same, so I can't give a direct link to woven bodies.

Thanks for the links Gary. After messing around with those weaves for a few days I have decided to use a crochet weave. It is slower, but I feel the results are tighter, more precise and look good also.

There was a bit of a mixup and I only received 8 of Sjo's flies. Rather than waiting for Sjo to tye and mail 4 more, I will (once I get cencalfly's contribution) send out 8 complete Evo Sets and 2 sets lacking Sjo's fly. One of these will, of course, go to Sjo. Do I have a volunteer for the other, incomplete set? I have talked to Sjo and he will mail your fly directly to your home address.

There was a bit of a mixup and I only received 8 of Sjo's flies. Rather than waiting for Sjo to tye and mail 4 more, I will (once I get cencalfly's contribution) send out 8 complete Evo Sets and 2 sets lacking Sjo's fly. One of these will, of course, go to Sjo. Do I have a volunteer for the other, incomplete set? I have talked to Sjo and he will mail your fly directly to your home address.

I'll take the short set B)