Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
bigfoot

Outcast Super Fat Cat Float Tube

I am thinking about getting a fat cat float tube. If any of you own the fat cat float tube I would like to read a review of what you think about it. Thanks BF

I have a regular Fat Cat not the super. I think the difference is, mine has a foam seat and the super has an inflatable seat. Some people say the inflatable seeat is more comfortable, but foam seat seems fine to me. I love mine and use it a lot. It is well made from quality materials. You sit somewhat higher than most traditional float tubes. It has good sized storage pockets. The area behind the seat is NOT dry storage. If you put something back there you want to stay dry, put it in a dry bag.

i also have the super flat cat.

i have inflated it only once since i bought it last year and that was in the yard testing out a new inflator.

i know thats no help but thats my summary so far.

I am thinking about getting a fat cat float tube. If any of you own the fat cat float tube I would like to read a review of what you think about it. Thanks BF

I have the super fat cat and love it. Mine does have a leak that I need to fix before soft water shows up. With the backpack straps it is very easy to hike into the lakes. It inflates quickly and doesn't weigh a ton. I would buy another one without hesitation.

This is my first post on this forum, so you may very well doubt the veracity of my comments. I've had my Super Fat Cat (SFC) for about two years. The SFC is an amazing float tube. Well worth the money. Inflatable seat and back make for all-day comfort. You sit high enough out of the water, that it's easier to keep warm in cold water. It's light enough that you can schlep it into more remote water. The stripping basket is (contrary to what it may look like) well thought-out and, for me at least, very functional. I fish a lot of lakes in the Puget Sound area and now find myself going to my Outcast 'toon only for bigger water; for medium to small ponds and lakes, I grab the SFC every time. Get one - you'll love it.