Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
TroutNerd

Digital Camera Suggestions

I'm in the market for a Digital Camera. So any recommendations or opinions would be much appreciated. Cost is of course something I must consider, but im willing to dish out up to $400 for it.

If you fish you just have to look up the Pentax WR-33 and it's newest model. The 'WR' stands for water resistant.

It's made for the fly fisher... super macro's, very small and light, point 'n shoot or as complex as you want and... it's a Pentax! That's all they make, optical stuff, and they are darn good at it. There are no hinged flashes to break or any parts sticking out, it's just a smooth, clean design. There is no down-side to the WR series that I know of, unless you MUST buy from a 'big box' store and unless you are blowing your pictures up to poster size.

A search on almost any fly fishing site will tell all. cool.gif

Hi TroutNerd,

I would suggest that you take a look at Canon's A series. From the A60 all the way to the A85 these cameras are sweet. Great picture quality with unbelievable macro features. Just another opinion. Best of luck with your purchase,

Nick