Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Wavey1988

Need some help

Well, I have a #10 floating line and a #10 sink tip line. And at this point in time I can't afford more lines or multiple spools or reels. What I was thinking of, was, removing the sinking portion of the line, fitting loops, and attaching to the end of the floating line (with another loop) so, I get the versatility of floating line, but, with a quick change, I can get the fly down. Now, would adding the extra sink tip length (15 foot) to the floating line, cause problems? Or. would I have to cut the floating line, so there's a portion of line the same length as the sink tip, and have a floating line, with interchangeable floating and sinking tips?

My heads starting to hurt trying to work this out lol

Your head's gonna hurt a lot worse when you figure out you've wrecked two lines and can't afford to replace either one of them. My advice is to let well enough alone and start putting your pocket change in a jar.

Your head's gonna hurt a lot worse when you figure out you've wrecked two lines and can't afford to replace either one of them. My advice is to let well enough alone and start putting your pocket change in a jar.

I thought as much, lucky I started thinking before doing xD

Heh, leave the lines no need to cut... just save a few bucks and grab some poly leaders to add to your floating line and bam you have a sink tip.

http://www.guideline.no/9SVTFlI56n_d2Z-0ow_j1X9i_lF14lVBt6705hRnI1k.ips?template=engWebshop;pagesize=12

Heh, leave the lines no need to cut... just save a few bucks and grab some poly leaders to add to your floating line and bam you have a sink tip.

http://www.guideline.no/9SVTFlI56n_d2Z-0ow_j1X9i_lF14lVBt6705hRnI1k.ips?template=engWebshop;pagesize=12

Couple that with Fluorcarbon tippet, and you have it made for sinking flies.

Go with sink tips and you can fish a lighter fly which moves better than a heavier tube.