Fly Tying

Am I missing something or are there 11 people in the swap list now? I only tied up 10?

Am I missing something or are there 11 people in the swap list now? I only tied up 10?

If you tied up 10 you just won't get one of yours back.... There are 11 including the swapmaster...

-Forrest

Well the joke is on me I didn't catch the sarcasm from bream buster out here I don't hear them called bream until I started to do research on a bluegill pattern man do I feel dumb. It's been a long couple of weeks. So I was serious if anyone has some advice on a type of fly or some kind of pattern I would greatly appreciate it because this one is not exactly in my wheelhouse.

Hey MTFlyJunkie. A good place to start would be here:

http://www.warmwaterflytyer.com/patterns.asp

Be sure to scroll all the way down. Click the link at the bottom of each section and you will find patterns, material lists, and tying instructions.

If you need more help, let me know.

BTW, in the South, many of the so-called "Sunfish" family members are called simply, "Bream." That includes Bluegills, Redbreast, Shellcrackers, Warmouth, etc. But not members of the Bass or Crappie family.

Riff and I talk A LOT about 'Gill patterns & so I knew he would get my "Tease."

Take care

BB

They also have the name Perch, why, I do not know, it's just what they call them down here also. By the way my June and July bugs are in the same envelope and it went out yesterday, you'll know which is which.

Blane

So I finally have something that I am ok with sending in I am going to warn everyone that it may not catch anything. Sorry usually I send field tested field proven flies this isn't a fish that I chase much if at all so it looks good to me but I don't know what the bluegill will think. They will be in the mail as soon as I can.

Flies in the mail. I tied my woven gill nymph in sort of an "electric chicken" coloration. They're gaudy but they work.

Gillberry nymph

Hook: Daiichi 1870 #14

Thread: Chartreuse

Tails: Chartreuse rubber

Abdomen: Woven embroidery thread; magenta over pink

Rib: Green wire, size brassie

Thorax: Real Seal, magenta

Legs: Chartreuse rubber

Wingcase: Red flashback, drop of epoxy over this

Weight: Beadchain

-Mike

sorry I been a bit behind guys doctors appointments like crazy for the next 2 weeks as a few of you know I am quite large (6'1" tall 435 lbs)well I been trying to get cleared for gastric surgery and the past year has been a constant battle with doctors and insurance companies well I finally won and my surgery is scheduled for August 7th so please bear with me my wife will be helping me to mail Julys flies out to all of you but Junes are being mailed in the morning so again I appologize for the delay on my part thank you all again for being so patient

Prayers are with you. Fly tying is a good gentle rehab post op but not sure the Hospital allow dead wildlife in.