Fly Tying
TheYiman

Topwater Deer Hair Swap

radtz - yours arrived today. Are they going to ride with the deer hair down? I like the legs.

The deer hair and hook point ride up. The deer hair works as a great weed guard. I've thrown this fly in some pretty weedy areas, and almost always comes back weed free.

I also like to coat the deer hair with a floatant to keep it riding higher in the water.

Largemouth really smack these pretty hard. Lots of fun!

Address please. They'll be in the mail Monday at the latest. I thought I was all done tying, then I razor-ed into my thread on one and a leg mysteriously disappeared on another.

-Mike

Address please. They'll be in the mail Monday at the latest. I thought I was all done tying, then I razor-ed into my thread on one and a leg mysteriously disappeared on another.

-Mike

It's a swine aint it :angry:

I finally dropped mine in the mail today. I was away all week. My box didn't fit in the bubble envelopes so I put then in bare and wished them luck. Sorry. They should be to you by Tuesday at the latest they said.

I finally dropped mine in the mail today. I was away all week. My box didn't fit in the bubble envelopes so I put then in bare and wished them luck. Sorry. They should be to you by Tuesday at the latest they said.

heck, hope they make it into the box I posted over. If not a single loose one shouldn't hurt!

Glad to hear more are on the way! When I receive them all, I plan to post pics of the whole lot. Should be a good swap.

troutguy - your flies arrived. A box would have helped. Some of them really took a beating in the mail. I will try to find something that works to send back, otherwise everyone's hard work will be crushed in the envelope.

Flies and photos - yours arrived today. I like the colors.

crackleback - yours arrived today also. That is the biggest Altoids box I have ever seen. Thanks for the extra. Looks good!