Fly Tying
Steeldrifter

So was Santa good to you guys this year?

I thought it was pretty damn cool too!

However, since she ties too, I effectively received 1/2 of everything on the list ive_been_ripped.gif

But it's cool. I get half of her stuff too, as well as being with someone who spends as much on fishing equipment, fishing travel and fishing literature as I do...plus, gift giving is really easy!

Santa treated me well this year. I got some $ for some fly gear of my choice, but the best present by far was a new digital SLR camera - a Canon Digital Rebel. It uses all of the same lenses my old EOS film camera used. This thing takes sweet pictures! Here is an example:

Moonrise over the Chugach Mountains - Alaska

user posted image

Am I the only one who got underwear and socks???

I was suppose to get underwear and socks, but santa hide them and I haven't found them yet.

Sketch

Thats one sweet view. That would be all the present I would need for Christmas. And family to enjoy it with.

I did get a fly vest, ceramic bobbins, fly box, scissors with larger finger holes, electic fry pan and a family size George Foreman. I wear out a small one a year.

My favorite moment was when I was told "You know your a redneck, when your fishing flies double as christmas ornaments". I gave flies as christmas ornaments. laugh.gif

It was an excellent Christmas.

Tim

I did well also.

$50.00 in gift cards from the new Bass Pro shop that just opened in our area; I already turned that into beads, hooks, tinsel, crystal flash, and of course lots of coneheads.

New belt sander, and assorted hand tools.

Typical clothes (my wife's idea)

simms wading socks, winter and wet wading (for summer smallmouth)

And cash, which I turned into a new Dyna-King Junior Trekker vise. (my first rotary, how did I live without it) I finally replaced my 1968 Thompson Ultra vise (my first love).

I am a happy camper

Nothing for me. sad.gif dunno.gif

I guess I was a bad boy and have spend too much time flyfishing. devil.gif headbang.gif