Fly Tying
Steeldrifter

So was Santa good to you guys this year?

Had a great Christmas with the family as always this year, most of my gifts were gifts for the car i'm building but i did get some tying related gifts as well.

I got about 6 or 7 different colors of saddle hackles for tying the streamers I have been working on as well as some spools of silver & gold tinsel. Also got a few shirts that will find there way into my "fishing clothes" to keep me warm this winter out steelie fishing.

So what did everyone else get? cool.gif

SD

I received this nice little vest pocket florescent light.

This will come in handy during the Hex hatch. thumbsup.gif

OSD.

user posted image

Couple of gift certificates to my favorite flyshop, leaders, tippet gauge, Klausmeyer's Tying Classic Streamers, and Buffett's Salty Piece of Land. A very nice Christmas indeed. thumbsup.gif

As usual I got a fishing related tee-shirt.

Since I was about 8 every year my sister gives me a tee-shirt with either a fish or a fishing related slogan on it.

I like them and I wear them.

Yet everytime I wear one around her she makes fun of me for never wearing anything that doesn't have a fish on it.

Go figure.

I got a lot of fishing related stuff biggrin.gif

I got Redington wading boots, and cleats for the Erie trip in Jan.

And some much needed hackle. headbang.gif

user posted image

Thanks Santa laugh.gif LW

I had a great Christmas as well! Getting to run my plow trucks before Christmas was what i really wanted,the 8 to 10" we got brought home $2,600 headbang.gif

The wife intercepted the UPS guy delivering my Peak vise so she gave it to me as a gift from her LoL!

i got 2 books,The Orvis fly tying guide by Tom Rosenbauer and The classic guide to Fly Fishing for Trout by Charles Jardine. Both excellent books with tons of patterns biggrin.gif

i did get a few odds and ends like new Boxers LoL!

The kids really got hooked up with the presents and the mess through out the house proves it dry.gif Never get kids something that uses glitter!i'll be cleaning that crap up for ever.Oh and the new markers they got for the walls and coloring them selfs to go with the glitter LoL!

Hope everyone had a great and safe one too.

Brent.

I got the DanVise I have been eyeing for quite some time. It holds a hook really well and I'm quite impressed with it. I need to get use to the rotary feature but I can guarantee it will get alot of use once I get the hang of it headbang.gif

I got some materials, new fishing shirt for warmer weather and FFF Fly Pattern Enclycopedia, also a couple gift certificates for more materials.

My birthday is New Years and i already know i am getting a 5 year sub to Fly Fishing and Tying Journal with the free Benchside Reference.

I got a lot of small things that I needed in my stocking. I got a much needed theromometer, tippet holder, Drennan floats, and new fly box. I also got a hooded sweater, wool socks, vest watch, and a net. For having a great year with work my wife and I bought a 56" Toshiba HD rear projection TV before Christmas. I watched the Packers / Viking game and the picture quality was awesome!!!!

I had a great Christmas, my parents drove down from Washington state, my Mom painted me a picture sort of copied from a photo from my Chile trip.

user posted image

My wife got me a new Dell computer, 1 gig ram, 250 gig hard drive, flat screen. Still havent set it up yet, cant wait to play around with Photoshop.

i didnt get anything tying or fishing related, but i did get 125 in cabelas certificates. i have one more gift exchange to go through on new years so that total might grow. i am hoping to get enough to help offset the cost of a new bow, but i might break down and buy a better rod for steelheading. not quite sure yet, i will decide when i get down there. the bow i am looking at is 100 more at cabelas than it is anywhere else, but sometimes the website price isnt always up to date with the store prices. but we will see

my son got a bunch of tying stuff from santa, some saddle hackle and marabou, some chenille, streamer hooks and rubber legs, a new bobbin and half hitch tools too. he was excited and cant wait to tie up some more bugs.

we tied up my dad about 2 dozen flies for this upcoming steelhead season, some buggers, stones, caddis, antron bugs and fuzzbusters, put them all in a new fly box for him, he should be set for at least the first day of fishing bugeyes.gif

I got a new reel/gear bag, fanny pack from Orvis, stripping basket, hook threader and thermometer. That's all fishing related. I also got Sirius radio and a cappicino machine.

Jessy got a new Orvis rod and Ross reel from Santa so he'll be ready for steelhead and salmon.

Am I the only one who got underwear and socks??? ph34r.gif

I also got a DanVise some Rite Bobbins and a bunch of plastic compartment containers. The best thing was the Steelhead guide by John Nagy a great read so far and I'm half way done.

I got a delayed present, a airline ticket to Montana that I'll be using in June. I also got a book, Bob Dylan's autobiography and a bottle of booze. cool.gif