Fly Tying
Li'lDave

Snook swap

Been out of town for four days (one of my long time fishing buddies past away) but before I left, I had made 3 trips using the flies we swapped: So far, I have caught 2 small snook about 18 inches long, 6 sea trout,all less than 16 inches and a few ladyfish. These were all caught near a spillway close to home. Later ,this week, I am going to try to fish the Sebastian Inlet area where some much larger fish should be holding -Phil

I am anxious to hear how they work at Sebastian. I hope to get down there in a few weeks myself. Of course by then the mullet run will be tapering off but the fishing should still be good

Interested you took sea trout. I will give them a shot on my locals in the spring

The craft fur shrimp sure caught a lot of trout in East Central FL last winter.

Add one more species to the craft fur shrimp ditz.

Mangrove Jack this morning and a number of failed hooksets. :D

Agn I think it was yours that scored another. Pretty quiet otherwise

Unfortunately I released your jack before I got a pic of it Ditz, sorry mate.

Agn.. here you go B)

post-22241-0-45044000-1350792842_thumb.jpg

Thanks Dave....No pic needed. I just wanted to make sure that my limited experience with the fly was not miss leading. It seemed to be a good fish catcher to me but....Thanks again for the report. I also tie it in a darker brown and a pink might also be good depending on the conditions. I also want to try a crab pattern with a Del Brown style body and Squirrel zonkers for claws. I think it will work well too. Thanks again Dave

No worries mate. Look forward to trying the m all out again. Mightn't be until February now when the barra season reopens.

Thanks for the update Dave, it's pretty cool knowing a fly I tied caught a fish on the other side of the world. I got out today but unfortunately the wind was gusting over 20 mph which is near the upper end of my threshold, especially given how fast we were drifting. I probably would have given the long rod a go anyway had I been alone but since there was an innocent civilian with me I thought better of it. I can deal with pinging flies off my own back, but I feel kind of guilty when I'd start hitting other people. It was a shame because we got into some nice trout and a couple of bid ladyfish which would have been a blast on the fly. Hopefully I can make it next weekend and get some of these flies wet.

So much for using the swap flies this week- Here comes Hurricane Sandy; gail force or better for the rest of the week- a real bummer

So much for using the swap flies this week- Here comes Hurricane Sandy; gail force or better for the rest of the week- a real bummer

Look after yourself mate.... We're just about ready to enter our storm season... Every day from here on in with blue skies is a bonus?

Got my flies out here in Hong Kong ther other day. I guess that closes the books on deliveries to a few different continents! Thanks to the organizers & all the tyers, I really like the flies!

Dan

In the order of 4 continents for this one I think. Is that right Rich?

North America

Asia

Europe

Australia

That's a pretty good effort I reckon!

In the order of 4 continents for this one I think. Is that right Rich?

North America

Asia

Europe

Australia

That's a pretty good effort I reckon!

That's pretty damn cool. When we say an international swap we really mean it

Guest rich mc

even split it up more for Canada and USA. i used a small rural post office and the worker was so glad to send something overseas for a change . ican say my flies get wet around the world! rich mc