Fly Tying
eastern fly

2013 Intruder Swap

Still just cannot decide what to tie...so many options! - i might just make an order for some new materials and see if that inspires me.

But just wanted to ask is the majority of people in the swap Great Lakes fishing? Any West Coasters?

hahaha Piker20, yes a very long way...

Just pondering hackles, what i use is completely norty in usa - has kind of limited me to a dark colour and ringneck pheasant rump which cannot be dyed in 'hot' colours. Was just fancying a really hot colour, i guess marabou i could strip and burn or a rhea and ostrich *strokes chin* Hmmzzzz.

Yes it will come to me! Perhaps i need a few beers and a sit down/ rummage through my boxes of feathers. If we had a load of west coasters i would even attempt the shrimp truder and i did see an awesome prawn "intruder" on another site with little eyes, very fancy/ real looking.

Yes beers it is, and to the lab *evil laugh* i will create something oh yes i will! And i will order some new materials!

*edit* just checking is PB and seal norty too?

umm was looking at this :)

http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u438/pnwsteelhead/IMG_2356_zps321223b2.jpg

hahaha Piker20, yes a very long way...

Just pondering hackles, what i use is completely norty in usa - has kind of limited me to a dark colour and ringneck pheasant rump which cannot be dyed in 'hot' colours. Was just fancying a really hot colour, i guess marabou i could strip and burn or a rhea and ostrich *strokes chin* Hmmzzzz.

Yes it will come to me! Perhaps i need a few beers and a sit down/ rummage through my boxes of feathers. If we had a load of west coasters i would even attempt the shrimp truder and i did see an awesome prawn "intruder" on another site with little eyes, very fancy/ real looking.

Yes beers it is, and to the lab *evil laugh* i will create something oh yes i will! And i will order some new materials!

Beer would help. I have changed mine several times. But have something going now.

Kevin

Jam that looks great. A bit like a truder version of an Ally shrimp. Can see Atlantics grabbing that butt and giving it a real good shake.

Piker20 yeah, i do think the guys hook attachment is a bit long but otherwise appeared as a really nice allyshrimp-truder...

Kevin, it is actually hard to decide as there are so many options! With the recent boom in shank styled patterns anything really goes and could be achieved, it is a creative style. I have even seen a guy make a 'duckling fly' using 2 shanks linked together with spun deer hair and some Guinea Fowl wings.

tomorrow morning is my tying day, I've assembled some nice UV blue and black materials and will be combining them into a nice articulated intruder

tomorrow morning is my tying day, I've assembled some nice UV blue and black materials and will be combining them into a nice articulated intruder

Sounds good. They all will be good flies.

Kevin

I wanted to let everyone on here know I am going to be putting together some intruder fly boxes for sale I am selling them for $20 each or 2 for $35 if interested in them pm on here I would post a pic of one but I am still waiting on the patent office

Let me just confirm that this box Riff has developed is awesome and will solve all on stream intruder storage issues, very clever and i have been hiding mine from everyone except the wife :) But you guys should look into it, will protect all your delicate hackles.

I wanted to let everyone on here know I am going to be putting together some intruder fly boxes for sale I am selling them for $20 each or 2 for $35 if interested in them pm on here I would post a pic of one but I am still waiting on the patent office

Count me in. Do you have paypal Riff?

Kevin