Fly Tying
rolsen

JANUARY flies

Testing my pimped shooting setup, light should be a bit softer now. Just threw some feathers, thread, floss, tinsel and hook into skaker and this came out..

post-46140-0-63944500-1359052529_thumb.jpg

Griffiths Gnat Style Variants using dyed peacock herl

black

black.jpg

muskrat gray

muskratgray.jpg

purple

purple.jpg

golden

golden.jpg

caddis green

caddisgreen.jpg

dark tan

darktan.jpg

blue wing olive

bwognat.jpg

This is a great fly to mess around with...I have tied so many different variants of it. Nice work!

Getting the mini flats candies in order, 1st one is a shrimp has a dubbed root beer body over leadfree wire, then either split thread dubbing or brush EP just 'enveloping' it. When wet the body shows through along with egg sack. Not sure if fish really take it as a 'shrimp' but they take it as something yummy that is for sure.

Size #6 SL - 45's

P1242088_zps95bcfdcd.jpg

P1242079_zps12dc4c64.jpg

Then some tiny white bait type flies, once again shank wrapped with 0.015 leadfree to help get down and ride hook point up.

P1242085_zps7c85116d.jpg

Working on a whole rack of crazy charlie bodies - just drying them now (waiting for clear cure goo to be fully solid).

Unfinished but bodies look really nice to me, i guess winging tonight or tomorrow.

P1242087_zps5594695e.jpg

Funny story Bassmouth - usually i wait for the wife to go out and then i raid her nail polish bag for painting the burnt mono eyes, stupidly this time i asked if i could borrow this sweet speckly black polish, she pretty much freeked out and said no way and that i would get 'fur in it'. Lets just say the nail polish bag has a lock on it now and i had to use a bright red marker lol.

What I have found works really well for covering the burnt mono eyes is loons water based "Hard Head". I use the black and it leaves a nice finish, used it for the crayfish flies I posted earlier this month. Funny story though...I have been in the same shoes with my girlfriend freaking out saying I will get fur in the polish...guess the solution to the problem is using something else or stocking up yourself lol.

Ahh i will have to grab myself some or make a trip to shoppers. Just crazy tho because she had no idea and for so long there was no 'fur' in the polish, hahaha.

Jam'! Some salty stuff! Nice job my friend! I gotta get some more sl45's. My bonefish box doesn't look full enough. What are you using for the white bair? Angel hair or something?

I've been into tying Musky flies this week for some reason.. So here is one I called the Bleeding Baitfish. Tied on 5/0 hooks.

SAM_0668_1_zps8ee089a6.jpg

Size is relative right? Here it is next to a size 8 hot prince nymph.

SAM_0671_1_zpsc0d128af.jpg

y0 Chefben - what a beast u tied! No casting that on the 5wt.

Umm oh that whitebait i just used an ep brush i found laying around think it is 'pearl magic'.

Finished my charlies - alas they are just boring charlies!

Hot Pink lazer wrap

P1252075_zps7432e0bc.jpg

Ghostly glow in the dark

P1252082_zps62db1b0e.jpg

Shrimpy bleeding pink

P1252078_zpsdd1304e6.jpg

And just to mix it up a few streamers with yellow and black

P1252091_zps67c7bf5e.jpg

My first stimulator. A few probs that I will address on my next one but it looks good and it should catch fish!

imgp1354.jpg

Used Green Deer Hair for Body portion and Black PeaCock IceDub for the thorax.