Fly Tying
riffleriversteelheadslayer

Febuary 2013 flies from the vice

It is, as you say a variant on a copper john. The second one is a twist on a prince/john. They should both work well on trout. The stubby rubber legs may benefit from being a little longer to give movement or just sub them for a natural feather.

A few Ice Cream Cone midges. Tied on TMC 2499SPBL's, sizes #10-8. By far the largest midges I have ever fished with, or tied. I'm headed over to Pyramid Lake, NV to try my luck at one of those mutant cutthroats....

IMG_0035.JPG

Just finished off the reserve saltwater box, otherside is jam packed with a certain batch of awesome saltwater synthetic swap flies, and my box i keep in my pocket is jam packed with balls of fluff on hooks with beadchain and leadfree eyes.

P2152081_zps6c38dc5b.jpg

I think i am ready!

GVIOLETDUSKER-1-_zps4aeba868.jpg

G. VIOLET DUSKER - TMC 103BL, #15 - #19....

DUSKERMOOEWR-2-_zps31ce7e9c.jpg

MOO go BOOM, on the East Walker River, at dusk...using violet (purple)...

PT/TB

Jailbait, those are some good looking squid ... and I like the shrimp too. I don't know what to call that peacock thing either, but I'll bet it'll catch a bass.

Pretty flies, Piker. Which one of those would you recommend for super cold water ... hopefully holding some small trout?

Nice midges Piker20.

mickechell I would recommend any with red in them for spring fishing. Some midge pupa store up hemoglobin giving them the red color. I find brassies and zebra midges work very well throughout the year as well.